“We will be back!”

Etta's Channel Side Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We weren't expecting much after our disappointing restaurant visits.
The view was fantastic and we had 2 hummingbirds amuse us thru dinner. The waitstaff and food were great. We were so disappointed at the 2 ( finer) restaurants. Next Chincoteague visit will just skip them and come straight to Etta's

2  Thank steffs1949

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location is great overlooking the water. Service was a little slow and a little strange. open and pour your own wine? they took my fork with my salad and didn't bring me another one so I sat there and watched my food for a while (and yes I did ask for a fork both before and after the food was brought). Hush puppies were yummy and so was the cream of crab soup and the clam chowder. My crab cakes were good but they were cooked on the serving platter and kind of stuck to it. My sons pasta marinara was more like a side dish rather than a meal size.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We returned to Etta's as part of our vacation routine but were very disappointed this year. Small portions of less than average food. I ordered bacon wrapped dates which were served hot (yay) but couldn't taste the dates because of the overpowering, undercooked bacon. My wife's salad was very good and her steamed shrimp entrée was ok, after she peeled them. My adult daughter ordered a dinner salad with scallops, which was just steamed scallops on a bed of greens, Very unappetizing. The hot scallops wilted the greens; maybe that's how it supposed to be but not what she expected. My blackened mahi was good but small. Hush puppies were good.
Etta's has a good location overlooking Assateague Channel, island and lighthouse and could be a prime spot again, but it will have to really adjust its menu and portion sizes. Service was good in a half-filled house on a Thursday after pony penning week.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The restaurant is seaside charming, the seafood incredibly fresh and the staff very friendly! Great views of Assateague channel and priced very reasonably. Was prompt service even in the height of tourist season.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was looking for a real old-school Chincoteague meal that would remind me of the days I came to the island as a child, and I got it. We made reservations, but arrived early thinking we could just enjoy the view or have a drink while we waited (we were wrong--there is no bar) but we were seated immediately on the porch after being shown a few different options. It was so beautiful--the view is fantastic and we were treated to hummingbirds visiting the feeders while we ate. Our waiter, Tyler, was really knowledgeable about their menu and extremely attentive. We barely put our forks down and our next course was brought out. We got the calamari appetizers which were presented in a fun mini fryer basket. They were wonderful. Next we were brought rolls that came with two of the best hush puppies I have ever had. I got the "fish and crab" off the regular menu while my husband got the crab duo off the specials (2 crab cakes and crab imperial). My fish and crab consisted of a crab cake and a filet of ruby trout cooked to my specifications. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the sides were great--cucumber/onion salad just like my Grandma makes. It was just one of those perfect meals.

Maybe it depends on the size of your group and the server you get because I noticed that a larger group sitting next to us waited a long time for their food. The were already seated when we arrived and only got their food while we were finishing ours. The waitress blamed it on the steak that they ordered. Perhaps Etta's does smaller groups better than larger ones?