“Old-school Chincoteague at its best”

Etta's Channel Side Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Old-school Chincoteague at its best”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was looking for a real old-school Chincoteague meal that would remind me of the days I came to the island as a child, and I got it. We made reservations, but arrived early thinking we could just enjoy the view or have a drink while we waited (we were wrong--there is no bar) but we were seated immediately on the porch after being shown a few different options. It was so beautiful--the view is fantastic and we were treated to hummingbirds visiting the feeders while we ate. Our waiter, Tyler, was really knowledgeable about their menu and extremely attentive. We barely put our forks down and our next course was brought out. We got the calamari appetizers which were presented in a fun mini fryer basket. They were wonderful. Next we were brought rolls that came with two of the best hush puppies I have ever had. I got the "fish and crab" off the regular menu while my husband got the crab duo off the specials (2 crab cakes and crab imperial). My fish and crab consisted of a crab cake and a filet of ruby trout cooked to my specifications. Everything was cooked perfectly, and the sides were great--cucumber/onion salad just like my Grandma makes. It was just one of those perfect meals.

Maybe it depends on the size of your group and the server you get because I noticed that a larger group sitting next to us waited a long time for their food. The were already seated when we arrived and only got their food while we were finishing ours. The waitress blamed it on the steak that they ordered. Perhaps Etta's does smaller groups better than larger ones?

• Visited August 2013

Leola, Pennsylvania
“Peaceful Restaurant”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our table was overlooking the water that gave one a feeling of peace. Our group had the buffet of tasty entree's. I loved the fish. For desert I chose a piece of cheesecake that looked better than it tasted.

Visited July 2013
Bluemont, Virginia, United States
“Best crab cakes in Chincoteague”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was our first time in Chincoteague so we ate A LOT of crab cakes. Etta's was by far the best and got a big thumbs up from us!

• Visited July 2013
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Lovely setting but terrible shrimp”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Beautiful setting overlooking the water. Crab cakes were fine.First batch of shrimp so overcooked that we sent them back. Second batch slightly--very slightly--better.

• Visited August 2013
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The quiet, serene view is not to be missed. Sit on the porch and enjoy a lovely setting. The service was great too!

Visited July 2013