“No hard feelings here!”

Muller's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I have NO IDEA what the others are talking about, we LOVED Muller's!

Reviewed April 18, 2010

My family of four vacation on Chincoteague Island every year, for the past five years, and we adorve Muller's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour. My toddler son loves their hand-dipped cotton candy ice cream and My husband and I get the old fashioned root beer from the barrel. We also look forward to eating atleast one of their homemade belgian waffle/ice cream and peaches. No one else on the island has this, excellent.

I have read some of the other negative reviews and feel the need to add, Muller's isn't soft serve ice cream, its hand dipped. Also, the portions aren't small. I can't eat a whole belgian waffle ice cream, it's huge, and my kids can't finish their ice creams. We always throw away at least half of the other ice cream parlor's serving portions away because they are wastefully huge.

We love Muller's and its one of our favorite eatery's that we look forward to enjoying year after year. Give this place a try for your self, you won't regret it. As for those person's who say that Muller's is expensive, its comparable to every other resturant/eatery on the island, no more no less.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

We tried this ice cream parlor during our vacation in July 2009. The ice cream was good however we thought the portions were very small and the prices very high (me, my husband, and our 3 young kids). Very cute old fashioned place but for taste and value we preferred The Island Creamery, followed by Mr. Whippy. The woman behind the counter (who served our ice cream) was holding a kitten- which my kids loved but is not very good for the food business, if you know what I mean! (Hello, VA department of health?!).

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I absolutely loved the my homemade belgian waffle and ice cream. I was also happy to be the first to receive fresh peaches of the season. Our service was fine, but I did experience a bit of sticker shock. I believe it was approx. $20 for the two of us. I will say though our serving was so large, we didn't need dinner anyway.

This is a neat place to walk around. The newspaper articles regarding how Muller's came to be I found interesting.

1  Thank MSeybert
Reviewed September 7, 2009

.For many years, my family has enjoyed the ambiance and late evening ice cream experience that Muller had offered. The last two years, we have tried Muller two separate times, hoping that the owners would be friendlier, the atmosphere would improve and prices would be reasonable for the ice cream sold.

No such luck.

The staff is rude and ridiculing; I suppose it was our mistake to think that an ice cream parlor means you are providing a service, which is SELLING ice cream. The experience of an old fashion ice cream parlor is as faded as the outside building. The prices are outrageously expensive for the amount given. They are only open between 12-5 and 7-11. Sorry, you can't get ice cream between 5-7. We will not be returning and have redirected our patronage to the Island Creamery.