“Ice cream I could have gotten at home”

Muller's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stood in line for a very long time on a Second Saturday and passed a few signs advertising that they proudly served a brand of ice cream I've never heard of before. I should have known something was up when I recognized a few flavors whose names were familiar to me. I was really disappointed to get up to the cooler, after already paying, to see that they actually serve Turkey Hill Ice Cream. Made in Lancaster County, a few miles from where I sit right now and can get for a fraction of the price in our grocery stores. I know it's not fair but I can't possibly give a higher rating for ice cream I can get any time at home. It's a cute little place, but I would have much rather paid for a giant dish at Mr. Whippy's.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We’ve gone to Chincoteague every year in August for two weeks for the last 6 years. This year we finally made it to Muller’s Ice Cream Parlour. What a pleasant surprise. I’m not saying the other ice cream place on the island isn’t good….I’ve even written a good review for them, but this is definitely worth the trip too.

The ice cream, selection, atmosphere, pricing, and staff were all great. I had waffles and ice cream (my favorite) and they made the waffles just right….all warm and crispy. They had “green” mint chocolate chip so that pleased two of our party and the chocolate lover was satisfied as well. There was a short line the night we went (Friday) but it was inside, away from the national bird of Chincoteague, the mosquito, and moved quickly. There is seating inside and out. We chose the inside. The tables were clean and the décor cute (old fashioned ice cream parlor like)

I read some of the other reviews on Trip Advisor about Muller’s and definitely don’t agree with the nasty employees. We took forever to decide what we wanted (there were four of us) and everyone was nice and patient. We even had an antsy pantsy 8 year old with us who didn’t seem to ruffle any feathers.

We will definitely go back next year……we’ll try the root beer for sure!

1  Thank fifthandjapip
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We decided to try this place after seeing the long lines at Mr. Whippys and The Creamery...we were not disappointed! There was a long line but it moved very quickly and the ice cream was delicious. This place is super cute, an old Victorian home turned into an ice cream parlour...the old B&B circus posters were adorable. Everything was great, the service was fantastic and the owners were very friendly!! We will definitely come back next time we visit the island!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I never quite made it into the ice cream parlor. I was about to enter the parlor to buy ice cream for me, my friends, my kids, and my friend's kids. However, the grouchy woman that works there had an issue with me and all of the kids playing and running around in the grassy area in front of the parlor as we were waiting for others to arrive. So we decided to take our business elsewhere. I thought that buying ice cream was supposed to be fun.

5  Thank tadvisor95
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I got ice cream and sat on the front porch to eat it. There was a Gestapo woman guarding the parking lot, and were subjected to her ranting... She claimed to be part owner. People park in THEIR parking places without doing business with them, people pick figs off of their precious fig bush (located by the front porch where you walk right by it), people allow their children to play in the yard (fortunately, school is about to begin and she won't have to put up with them much longer), the children made too much noise, etc., etc. I would think that children would benefit an ice cream establishment, but this apparently isn't so! She loudly accused one man of stealing figs, and all he did was take a picture of them. This lady is from Philadelphia (the city of brotherly love?), and said that she can't wait to back there in the off season... it can't happen too soon. The ice cream was OK, the atmosphere, not so much. Will go to The Creamery next time.

3  Thank John W B