“Frightening, disgusting and vile”

Inlet View Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Inlet View Campground
Reviewed July 20, 2011

First let me say that I am no prissy, sissy. I love camping and roughing it is not a problem for me. I made a reservation for my family to stay here for 2 nights and am taking the time to do this review so someone else isn't also misled. Inlet view looks nothing like the pictures on their website......nothing. We were going to tent camp. The tent camping area looked like a homeless tent city or maybe a refugee camp for escaped criminals, take your pick. I would never be able to sleep in such a place for fear of being raped and murdered in my sleep. DO NOT CAMP HERE. DO NOT SEND A DEPOSIT. I did not even attempt to get my deposit back. I was afraid to enter the office. Run away....far, far away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank camperpro
There are newer reviews for Inlet View Campground

Reviewed June 3, 2011

I read all the reviews and been there a couple times. They are really taken alot better care of this campground now. It is not the best but to right on the water thats great!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank TravlerBalto_Md
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I agree with all the reviews, that the place is run-down and in poor shape, but to their credit, the RV was in good condition, and it was right next to the bay!! We fished from a dock that was 40 feet from our RV, and it was very fun. This place is not the Ritz, but if you're there for the nature or fishing, it's great. And to all those who complain about it, the average price of a B&B is $200/ night on the island, this place was $80. Clearly, you get what you pay for. I would recommend this place if you're not too picky on luxuries, as this place will not afford you any. Happy fishing!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank traveller2981
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Hands-down the worst campground I have seen in 40 years. We mailed our deposit based on very misleading photos from their website, and upon arrival, before entering the office we noted abandoned and derelict campers, feral cats, and barking dogs in cages around absolutely filthy grounds. Being optimistic folk, we took the half-mile drive out toward the tenting area, where we wandered into a desolate swamp of a campground. In the center was what, perhaps 20 years ago, once was a swingset frame, long since robbed of attachments. Filthy bathrooms with questionably operable showers in a barely standing building. Run-down camper trailers litter the grounds looking like they've been parked 20+ years without occupancy, gutted sheds/outbuildings complete the appearance of a post-apocalyptic Chevy Chase movie set. You can only imagine the script. On second thought, you can't imagine it.

My wife marched into the office and refused to leave until we had our deposit refunded.

This place should have whatever 'license' is required revoked along with healthy fines for misleading advertising, health code violations, and whatever other illegal activities can surely be found going on - I have no doubt they're present.

I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. They'd question my motives.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank d2g
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I have never read reviews before I visited any campground, vacation home,etc. but I can guarantee I will from now on.I will no longer trust what I read in a brochure or a website.When we arrived at camground 90 min after check in time, our ":summer home" was still being cleaned .It was finally done arond an hour later.It was ANT INFESTED and I am not exaggerating. We had to keep ALL of our food in frig to keep ants away. Ceiling in kitchen looked like it could cave at any time and floor in living room was same way.Circuits were overloaded and electricity kept shutting off.The day we left(one day early) air conditioner in bedroom stopped working.
Campground was very run down and there were way more campers than there were people.Broken glass just outside summer home at waterfront.Had to be very careful with my two yr old granddaughter in tow.This definately is no place to bring small children.My boyfriend bought milk at campstore,not thinking to look at expiration date, and it was expired.I had looked at pool when we arrived and it looked ok so day we left we went to get in and it was closed. I asked why and was told they had to shock it and no one could get in for 24 hrs. On top of everything else that is just bull. That's their responsibility as a public campground to keep everything in good working order, including pool. I have a pool myself. It's not that difficult to care for IF it is maintained on a regular basis.This campground should be shut down.There are other hazards to list but I'm sure you get the point. It really puts a damper on anyone's vacation when the temporary place you call "home" is in such a bad condition as this place was.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank Luckychick68
Reviewed January 23, 2009

My wife and I found this self-proclaimed "Family Campground" on the internet, read their website and fell in love. We mailed in a deposit (1/2 of the total) and headed South for our family vacation! See what we actually encountered August 2008. We pulled in (after driving 9 hours with a toddler and a baby) to see this (see photos)
Next we have another view from a greater distance, just so you can enjoy the real Inlet View!
Terrible campground!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
11  Thank IslandCamper
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Hundreds of cats needing immediate veterinary care. Store/office smelled like a litter box. No marked wooded sites, just random broken electrical boxes and rusty water spikets. Everything was old, dilapidated and falling apart. Seasonal trailers were in rough condition. Junk everywhere! Dogs in outside fenced kennels with weeds overgrown. Pothole dirt road led to wooded sites. Garbage everywhere! Place was a disaster and unsanitary. We left immediately! my only regret- didn't take pictures- their website phots are completely inaccurate and do not depict the actual surroundings.

10  Thank NYItaliaGrl