“A confortable affordable trip with ample opportunity to see the wildlife”

Daisey's Island Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: On our nature cruises you will experience Assateague Island in a way that is simply not possible from land. Let us show you the hidden beauty and wildlife of Assateague Island. At Daisey's Island Cruises our main goal is for you to have an enjoyable and memorable experience. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We hope that you will take time to read our customer reviews and explore our web site. You will see why cruising with Daisey's Island Cruises is the right choice! Your Captain will fill you in on all the local knowledge as you explore the remote backbays and expansive coastline of Assateague Island. We cruise all the best areas of Assateague Island for pony viewing. It is also common to see dolphins, bald eagles, and an array of other wildlife on our sightseeing boat tours.Many of our customers tell us that our cruise was the highlight of their Chincoteague vacation!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 14, 2011

A good affordable outing unburdened by wearisome anecdotes. The owner allowed plenty of time to photograph wildlife and we had some wonderful closeups with the dolphins. Tom's boat is new, and very well padded. At $35 per head we considered the outing good value for money.

3  Thank phlaccus

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband, two other couples, and I took a Daisey's Dockside Sunset Cruise as part of our Chincoteague Island vacation, and it was one of the highlights of our trip to the island. Our captain was very friendly and knowledgeable. He took the time to explain the area, the history, and provide indepth information about the nature we were seeing, including dolphins, bald eagles, blue heron, and, of course, the wonderful, wild ponies. The air was clean, and the sunset was beautiful. I would recommend this trip to anyone -both young and old - and particularly to those who love nature.

2  Thank Debbie_L_11
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We went on the afternoon trip with a local guide who was knowlegable and so receptive to all on board. When we had a question he would slow so all could see and hear what he was saying. We saw the horses, eagles and plenty of dolphins. The cruise was two hours long which was enough to take in the channel and coves. Well worth it.

1  Thank reen199
Reviewed September 29, 2011

It was hard to choose a Chincoteague boat tour with so many in the area, all similarly priced. I called around and based on phone conversations I booked with Daisey's, and I'm so glad I did. I learned afterward that Captain Tom comes from one of the original famlies who settled Chincoteague, and his knowledge and love of this place really made our tour special. He's just hands-down a stellar person. He was concerned with our experience, our comfort, and (especially) our photo opportunities the whole time, but actually for much of the trip I forgot I was on a boat tour! It was more like spending time with a new friend, learning all about a special place he's passionate about. We saw everything as advertised (dolphins, lighthouse, ponies - in the mist at the water's edge- it was surreal, bald eagles, etc.) but also learned some fascinating stuff about fishing with cormorants, aquaculture, the movements of the islands over the years, and much more 'inside info' about the ponies and the area in general.

Bailey, "the dolphin-finding dog," was a very nice addition to our trip. She is adorable, and extremely well-mannered.

Captain Tom even gave kudos to some of the other boat tour operators as we passed by their boats, and told us about others on the island who give good tours. This spoke volumes to me about his professionalism.

At $35 this tour was a steal. Highly recommended.

4  Thank dawn_downwindnc
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The cruise was very enjoyable. Captain Tom Daisy went out of his way to see that we all had a great time in spite of the marginal weather. We would definitely take this trip again!!!!!

1  Thank RichardH889