“Money stolen out of room!!”
Review of Assateague Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Assateague Inn
“Money stolen out of room!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at this property, sometimes more than once a year, for about 7 years. No more. We had $600.00 cash stolen from our room (the money was in a plastic folder in a hidden zippered compartment in a suitcase) this past weekend over the period of 2 days. Got the police involved... the whole 9 yards. You figure it out. And yes, I know, "Why do you use cash??" Doesn't matter. It belonged to me and one should expect a moderate amount of security in a hotel room. Not here. There are plenty of other properties out here...

• Stayed September 2012
8 Thank Jim M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Audubon, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Assateague Inn is just about perfectly located; it is within a few minutes (in some cases only moments) from all that Chincoteague and Assateague Islands have to offer, yet off the main street enough to be quiet and relaxing.
The rooms are clean, "efficiently sized" ( have been comfortable for our family of four), and have a relaxing, "Aaaaahh"-inducing evening view across the creek from the deck. I love the proximity to restaurants, shopping, activities for the kids (and the grownups), the best ice-cream on the planet (!), & the beaches, trails and nature programs on Assateague Island.

The staff (especially Ruth Ann, the manager) have always remembered us, welcomed us, and taken care of us like family would. It feels like we're visiting relatives on the Eastern Shore.
-That's why we keep coming back: I know that we have a comfortable, relaxing, home-y place to stay. And at the end of each stay there, my children ask "Can we come back next year?!!".

Room Tip: There are only one or two rooms that *don't* have a view across the Creek. :-)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is our second stay at the Inn, and while it is a bit run down compared to newer hotels, the inside is clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Its close to everything, and the big draw for my son (and husband, wink) is the dock to crab from. Hours of entertainment while mom's read a book. ahhhhhh.....Having a pool is also very convenient with kids. The efficiency kitchens are small, but stocked. AC is in the front, so keep the fan going in the bedroom, and don't shut the door or it will be too hot. A little noisy with the "neighbors" but you have that anywhere. All in all, we will return.

Room Tip: Opt for the second floor if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shehack
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 20, 2012

At the Assateague Inn, we have always been treated like family; but in a good way. :) The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms/suites are all charming and extremely clean. To sit out on the deck in the morning with a cup of coffee; and to enjoy the calming sites and sounds of the natural world right outside your door is PRICELESS!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carol S
Emporia, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was attempting to try to get rates, however she appeared very snappy with me on the phone. I was asking questions with her regarding the rates and comparing them to other one's in the areas, and asking her if they had a free breaksfast. She stated she had someone else on hold and would have to go. I believe if the call was that important in the first place, then perhaps maybe I shouldn't have been picked up??? Anyway, I went back to my orginial hotel. I perfer quality customer service myself.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ebbeszoo
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this inn for 1 night last summer. We booked it very last minute after deciding to make a pit stop to this charming town on our long drive from NJ to SC. The front desk was really helpful and let us borrow her park pass so we could go to the beach as soon as the park opened the next morning. The motel room itself was basic- nothing too fancy, if not a little dated. Some of the rooms have a great view of the creeks but ours didn't. No breakfast, but our room had a coffee machine which was welcomed. Good internet too! Location is handy- close to a lot of activities and places to eat but not directly on the main road. Over all, a decent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ememef
Brick, NJ
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have been coming to the Assateague Inn since 1998 because of it cleanliness, great staff, convience, and amazing VIEWS!!! Awesome Value for the Money!! Each room has a unique set up with something for everyone. Choose from a suite or a hotel room to enjoy the beauties of Chincoteague. Sit outside with a glass of wine and watch the Geese frollick during the day or the Assateague lighthouse eluminate the the sky at night. Don't forget to go to the Oyster Festival in October or the Seafood Festival in May or the Pony Penning at the end of July... all great memories!! For us, The Assateague Inn is my one and only favorite vacation spot in the world where I can destress, relax, and rejuvinate. Give it a Try!! You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Ask for the ever-so-helpful Ruth Ann to help accomodate you with whatever your needs are: Room size...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family