“Great little find”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This restaurant is very crowded and service is very slow. We saw many frustrated folks. However, if you are patient it is well worth the wait. The food is very good. A nice little surprise on Chincoteague Island.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was so surprised to find a Vietnamese restaurant on Chincoteague Island! Service was spotty & the 2 waitresses were quite stressed & when stressed, had a hard time being kind to the customers. But when they had a chance to breathe, they were both very sweet. Midget wonton soup was the best I've had in years! Adored the spring rolls - incredibly fresh ingredients. My husband's pan fry noodles were awesome & perfectly spicy. But my Saigon seafood noodle soup had a funny taste & I didn't enjoy it as much. I'd certainly go back, given the chance but order something different. I just feel bad for those waitresses when it gets really busy (and it's a popular place, so it's going to be busy!) so please be nice to them!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Actually, we ate there four times, and eating here is one thing we look forward to when going to Chincoteague. The staff is nice and the place is always busy with visitors and locals. I've not had a bad dish here yet.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Saigon Village Restaurant is a very small establishment in Chincoteague, VA at 4069 Main Street with a very extensive menu of Vietnamese food. Absolutely exquisite food and beautiful presentations worthy of photography. Shared a wonderful Sweet/Sour shrimp dish and a wonderful looking and tasting eggplant dish. Bring your own bottle. The Owner and hostess is a delight! You couldn't possibly go wrong here!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Saigon village in a storefront on Main Street. A multipage menu of Vietnamese dishes provides lots of choice but to my uninitiated palate I can't tell the difference between some of them.
I had a soup one day and then a rice bowl the next visit, which I preferred.
Simple with good, pleasant service. If you want something different in Chincoteague you should try this place for lunch or dinner. In the historic district. You can sit outside if you wish. We went in because it was very warm.