“Saigon Village is our top priority stop in Chincoteague!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saigon Village

Saigon Village
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hedgesville, wv
“Saigon Village is our top priority stop in Chincoteague!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Cheerful Hahn greets you with a menu of Asian delights. I'm a sucker for the "paper" spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce and I can't resist the iced Vietnamese coffee. A short glass with sweetened condensed milk is presented with a little coffee drip canister over it and when is has finished dripping, the server stirs it and pours it over a tall glass of ice. It is delicious and will see you through the afternoon!

We haven't tried everything on the menu because we are stuck on the large steaming bowls of noodle soup. Your choices of ultra fresh meats, seafood, vegetables and cilantro are steeped in homemade chicken or vegetable broth. Thank goodness you have the coffee to sip while you wait for the steam to subside!

Rick also loves how delicate and flavorful the fried rice is. Nothing like you would typically be served in other Asian restaurants.

Saigon Village is clean, bright and a definite value. We get extra soup to go every trip and chill it to enjoy after our long ride home. Don't miss Saigon Village!

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank cleome123

Talking Rock, Georgia
“Saigon Village: Quiet, Pleasant, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Saigon Village was where my wife and I had our first Chincoteague Island dinner, and it was a relaxing and pleasant experience. We shared varieties of spring roll with each other -- very tasty and hot (temperature, not spice). We also each ordered pho of different varieties, and the soup, noodles, vegetables and meat were very nice. For those who naturally expect their Vietnamese soup to be spicy, please note that you have to specifically order one in the "hot and spicy" style. Ours were flavorful but very mild. They offer indoor and outdoor dining; we dined in, and I think I'd like to make sure I'm sufficiently mosquito-repellent to try dining outside next time. Also, if you need to make a potty stop, there's not one in the restaurant, but a nice municipal facility across the street.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank JCSBimp
CI
“I live here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

It took the Chinese restaurant burning down earlier this year to get me here. My first visit was so-so. My second, not so great. Our dinners were $13 each. Small servings though the flavor was okay. My bbq pork was two small flattened cutlets atop rice and shredded lettece and carrots on the side. For a total bill of $31, I was not impresses. For that much, the Chinese joint would have given me left overs for two days. Here's the clencher, my card wouldn't go through (later to find someone had stolen my number and the bank froze it) and the girl said loud enough for all in the room to hear, "Your card has no money. It's no good.". I used another and a thank you I never heard. Her mother came over and they spoke only in Vietnamese. Not what you do. Their English is perfectly clear. Won't be back and we'll go off the Island if we want Oriental food.

1 Thank jrnysend
Reisterstown, Maryland
“This place is my favorite place to eat on the island, fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

You must try this cute little restaurant! I guarantee you will be impressed. One of the few places to get vegan/vegetarian fare without all the hassle.

• Visited October 2010
2 Thank dshphoto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Wonderful food-great value. The vegetable and seafood soup is stocked filled with fresh goodness. The Thai coffee is perfect. Byob. Perfect spot.

1 Thank Love2try