“Good Crowd-Pleaser Restaurant-Something for Everybody”
Review of Driftwood Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Driftwood Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bristol, VA
“Good Crowd-Pleaser Restaurant-Something for Everybody”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We four friends went here after church on Sunday, it was our first time but our friends had recommended it. This is the Riverfront Restaurant on Lee Highway in downtown Chilhowie; I gather it used to be called Driftwood and was in another location. This large space is a converted wholesale furniture warehouse (so the waitress told me), and the entrace foyer is actually a (now stationary) converted elevator shaft made by Salem Elevator Co. of Salem, Va. You can see that it was used to hoist furniture up to higher floors. The rest of the restaurant is high-ceiling, the restaurant proper going up to the roofline. Sturdy, heavy-duty wood tables and all updated fixtures are the order of the day. The Sunday buffet was delicious, some of the tenderest roast beef we have ever eaten (with potatos and carrots), fried chicken, mac and cheese, really good breaded fried squash, yummy desserts. I was in the mood for something less caloric so opted for the portabella mushroom wrap, a delicious tomato-basil wrap with portabella, lettuce, bacon (well a bit), and creamy ranch dressing on the side, along with fries which were ordinary and I just picked at. We thought this was a great place, the service and food were all good but no-nonsense, just good value here. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013

Marion, Virginia
“Homey place, good casual food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Located in an old warehouse, we like the rustic atmosphere and the roomy dining areas. Food is casual but good, service with the usual SW Va friendliness. Right off the interstate, easy access and parking.

• Visited June 2013
Castlewood, Virginia
“great food at a fair price”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

this is the first time i have ever posted a review on tripadvisor, so that must mean that my visit to the riverfront was special. The food was great and the service was great. The entire restaurant was very clean, including the restrooms. definity worth the money.

• Visited June 2013
Floyd, Virginia, Usa
“Good food - Good Prices”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have eaten here many times and have always enjoyed it.
I highly recommend the Portabella Mushroom Wraps.

• Visited March 2013
Roanoke
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I took a group to eat at this restaurant on Saturday, March 16, 2013. The food was okay. It was set up as a buffet and was very limited. There were two errors on my bill when I went to pay. I was charged $136 more on my bill than what the price was when we set it up a few days earlier. I said something to the cashier about one overcharge of $55 and got that one taken care of. However, I went ahead and paid the other overcharge of $81 and didn't say anything. I will just have to take that into consideration when in this area again and deciding on where to eat. I was given the wrong directions twice on how to get to the restaurant. We finally got there but it would have been so much easier had the restaurant given us the proper directions. The restaurant is housed in a building that was a former hosiery factory. The building has been well done to house the restaurant. There was just a few internal things that need to be worked on. Everyone at the restaurant was nice to us though.

• Visited March 2013