“Okay”

Cuisines: Greek
Midlothian, Virginia
“Okay”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I have always loved the Crazy Greek in Richmond but this one doesn't have quite the same taste. Nothing to write home about. Nice interior and service and good location. Food is okay.

Richmond, Virginia
“Its all about the gyros for us”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Family owned businesses, we have been to 2 locations, off MIdlothian and off Hull St. Excellent service, always busy but rarely a wait for a table, and the gyros are outstanding. Tatziki sauce has lots of garlic, just the way it should be. Greek salad - with anchovies if you want - is perfect starter. The restaurant off Hull has more variety on the menu, it just opened a couple months ago. We go to Crazy Greek about once a month and keep coming back.

Visited June 2012
Chesterfield
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and kids visited the new Crazy Greek recently and came away less than impressed. For one, I was disapointed that a restaurant called the Crazy Greek has a larger Italian menu than Greek. I had a gyro which was ok and priced reasonably but was very disapointed in the quality of the meat. The Gyro meat was obviosly pre sliced frozen meat rather than the traditional spit turned and sliced to order. My wife had the Pork Souvlaki which was tender and juicy...by far the best thing we ate. The menu describes the Tzatziki sauce as a sour cream based sauce. traditional greek tzatziki is ALWAYS made with Greek Yogurt. Service wasn't great but they had just opened so I know there are growing pains there. Kids had pizza which was really bad...although I sort of expected that.

Overall, I will probably go back when I'm craving a gyro because there are no other options in the area, but the food was just ok...nothing great.

• Visited March 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Great restaurant -- go!”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I grew up in Richmond and I remember taking my high school sweetheart to the Crazy Greek on Staples Mill. When a new location opened up near me I was anxious to go. I was even more impressed than the original one (which is still there.) Great food, wonderful service, good location -- what more do you need? Best of all I like supporting a local, family run business instead of the mega big restaurant chains. You will immediately feel at home -- even when they are busy -- at the Crazy Greek. And, no I am NOT related to anyone there, I'm just a fan!

• Visited March 2012
Chesterfield, VA
“Nice atmosphere, tasty food, reasonably priced.”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We have made two trips to the Crazy Greek in the last two weeks. This is an off-shoot of the Crazy Greek in Richmond. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, friendly service, and excellent food. I had their pork souvlaki with their home made tzatziki sauce and must say that this is one of the best I have ever experienced. My wife has tried their Greek spaghetti and a seafood dish with shrimp and scallops. My daughter has had their children’s spaghetti and chicken fingers. The prices are reasonable and will not break the bank for a family night out. Give them a try.

• Visited November 2011