“One of the best is now worse then the rest” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cesare's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 106 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesterfield, Virginia
“One of the best is now worse then the rest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

My wife and I met for the very first time at this restaurant a few years back. Since then we have always made it a point of eating there on Valentine's night for dinner. Being locals, we also have gone many other times and it was fantastic from the service to the food, but last night was the bullet that may not have us returning again. I had made reservations for 7pm even though last Valentine's night you didn't need them. When we arrived I was glad I made them because the place was packed. We were greeted and escorted to our table right at 7 and our server came right over for our drink order. We ordered along with an appetizer, deep fried mushrooms which were very tasty. This is where things got bad. We noticed that almost every table had no food on them and if they did it was soup and/or salad. Which is better then we were doing. Our server came over and took our dinner order. I had the Lobster Ravioli with the Shrimp Soup and a side of Garlic Bread and my wife had the seared Scallops that was served with grilled Asparagus and Risotto and she ordered a salad. after about 5 mins my wife was served her salad and I my Garlic Bread. I then waited 20 more mins and wondered where my soup was. After flagging down someone else's server I asked for my soup. Our server came out with my soup and apologized for the wait blaming a slow kitchen staff. I mean how long does it take to ladle up soup? The soup was thin and had a few shrimp in it and was salty. Well, now my wife and I are done and wondering where our dinner is. This time I asked to speak with the manager. After another 5 mins our server came back out and again said the kitchen staff was very slow. I informed her that for Valentine's night this should not be happening and if it was my business I would be firing my whole staff. She told me that just then the manager or the owner was doing something about it and that he was now back in the kitchen cooking. Finally! After 1 hour and 17 mins our dinner came. I will say the food was good! But not good enough to wait that long for. At the end of our meal my wife was full but I really wanted a slice of the Bailey's Chocolate cake. Our server was able to deliver that in a timely matter with 2 forks so I could share with my wife. Again, it tasted great! Now time for the bill. I though after now being in this restaurant for 2 hours and all the trouble we had.... plus NEVER getting to speak with the manager/owner as I requested that they would comp the drinks and the dessert... or SOMETHING!! WRONG!! We paid for everything! Not a very good way to run a place where you want your customers to return after a night of disappointments, and my wife and I will NOT be returning!! I hope to all you reading this that your Valentine's Day & Night was a good one. You may just want to remember my post and not choose this place for a romantic meal.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bubbie1960

chester,va
“Family Owned and taken seriously Mom and Pop on ROIDS !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

great place where everyone knows your name ....Sort of like Cheers in Chester !!! If they dont know your name prepare to be asked Everyone here is a Friend of a Friend !! Where all the local deal makers gather !

• Visited July 2011
Richmond, VA
“Best Italian Food in Chester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

My family eats here often, either in or getting it to go. The pizza and subs are the best. Service is always fast and friendly. The setting is great and sometimes they even have live music!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank mabrys
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best calzone ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Tried this place on the advice of the employees at our hotel. We had 3 calzones and they were fantastic. Can't wait to try the pizza!! We're relocating to Richmond, I'm not sure where we'll end up living, but even if it's across town we'll be back!

1 Thank jayjen
Springbrook Township
“We enjooyed our meal at this incredible Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant two times and both times the service was stellar, the food delicious and the prices reasonable. I can highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the Chester Virginia area either for pleasure or on business.

1 Thank HaroldSays