“Love it!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Richmond
“Love it!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Love the food. Very high quality and consistently good. Love the people. They always make us feel welcome there. The atmosphere is fun too.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank awfarmer

DC
“Lack of cleanliness spoiled it for me”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I think the food here was good but nothing special. It seemed a little pricier than other Mexican restaurants in the area. The real downer for me was the poor condition of the restaurant and lack of cleanliness. The carpet looked old, worn, and dirty. The restrooms badly needed attention. The furniture, too, looked as though it could use an update. It is hard for me to trust the cleanliness of the kitchen, which I cannot see, when the dining room and restroom, which I do see, are not properly maintained. Even though I noticed these off putting things before my meal arrived, I only stayed because an associate took me here for lunch. Since she loves this place I did not want to be offensive.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank GoldenMonarch
Jacksonville, FL
“Convenience, Service and Quality!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great find a couple hundred feet from my hotel! The chips and salsa are amazing with just enough kick. They even give you a small carafe of salsa so you're not wanting more. I was on a veggie kick visiting, but their Veggie #1 and Veggie Quesadilla were spot on. The wait staff was extremely attentive, friendly and respectful. On top of it all, the price is right and it has an authentic feel. Futebol on the television and Mexican pop music on the radio. Highly recommend!

Chester, Virginia
“Better Mexican?”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I usually think of Mexican food as heavy/oily/unhealthy but Jalapeno's is different. Yes, you can find things on the menu are "typical" American Mexican, but they also have things that are lighter and don't make you want to crawl into the backseat of your car to take a nap. Good flavors, nice spice levels and variety. I like that I can get a couple of tacos for an inexpensive, quick lunch but I can also get meals if I want something a little more filling.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpectedly good Mexican food in Virginia”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We tried this restaurant because it was right next door to our hotel. We did not expect much of a Mexican restaurant in Virginia but we were pleasantly surprised. The shredded beef enchiladas were as good as any I have had in Texas. The tortilla chips were served warm and the salsa was fresh and very tasty. The ambiance was good and the staff very friendly. This was a nice surprise.

Visited October 2013

Been to Jalapenos? Share your experiences!