“Love this chain”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Trinity, North Carolina
“Love this chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I love this chain of hotels. The coffee/hot tea bar and cookies are a nice amenity. The rooms are always clean, roomy, and comfortable. I would stay here again and recommend this facility; however, this location in Chester has an opportunity for improvements. The breakfast area was incredibly hot. The other guests were coughing and the really hot air was just a breeding ground for germs. The other couple we were traveling with were unable to sit with us for breakfast. The hotel was obviously understaffed while we were there this week. No bagels, no forks but the rest of the breakfast was stocked. The bath linens were in short supply as well. Each day housekeeping would need until about 7 pm to service our rooms. That wasn't an issue except when we wanted to come back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner. The pool area was nice but no towels. The bathroom amenities included Pantene shampoo and conditioner and Vaseline lotion. The rooms have adequate lighting and comfortable beds. The hotel is convenient to restaurants (Logan's, panera, Cracker Barrel, hooters, various fast foot options) and several stores nearby (grocery, target, kmart, Home Depot, etc) Very convenient! The issues were a minor inconvenience as I would stay here again but hope the service/towels would be better and the breakfast area could be more comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Cassandra,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. Thank you for sharing your concerns about the breakfast area, and the housekeeping staff. We are very sorry if your were inconvenienced at all. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Chester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were driving from NJ to NC for Thanksgiving, and due to the weather we decided to leave later and stay the night somewhere. The hotel was more than half way and looked to be in a good location so we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! We got there around 10:30 and had the easiest and nicest check in experience. Finding the hotel was easy, but we drove past the entrance and had to go do a few u-turns to get in. It wasn't well marked, and while I noticed it, my husband who was driving missed it easily.

We got a room on the third floor and loaded the cart to head right up. The room was clean and comfortable. We went to the vending machine for a drink and it actually worked (which I tend to always have a problem with at hotels). We also ran down for some tea, and they had a great variety to choose from. After a quick snack my son was out for the night and I was close behind.

The next morning my son and I went for breakfast. This was my only complaint, things seemed to be in a weird order. The milk wasn't near the cereal for instance. The staff was also a little grumpy that morning, but maybe she was just upset she was working on Thanksgiving? Either way, breakfast was good and we grabbed a few things for my husband who was in the room getting ready. Check out was also easy, and my son had a kick out of the cat in the parking lot that kept following one of the employees around.

We go to NC every few years and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear kbending,

Thank you for telling us your experience during the Thanksgiving holiday. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the breakfast service. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Braintree, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Traveling to Florida, my wife and I like the motels right off I 95 that have these four basic amenities: Wifi, Indoor corridors, Indoor pool, and Complimentary Hot Breakfast,. This has it all and more. The pool was Crystal Clear large enough to make small lap swims a crystal clear hot tub open 6 am to midnight. The Breakfast had hot waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, and hash along with the traditional cold cereal etc.. Also, a nice like new fitness area and a business center both open 24 hrs. The wifi in the room was a breeze to log on and it had a guest laundry. We are coupon travelers and we had no trouble calling ahead to see if they had a room available. The staff were very nice. The motel is cute as a button. You walk in and complimentary 24 hr coffee is in the lobby with fresh baked cookies and the pretty stairs to the second floor are so nice, I rarely took the elevator. This place is a keeper.

Room Tip: Here's a tip. Keep your car parked at the motel and walk to Cracker Barrel or Dennys for someth...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Peregrinating_Pete,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you and your wife enjoyed your stay in Chester. We value all guest feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed this morning with the breakfast. The staff were not restocking the food and utensils fast enough for the volume of gusts. No coffee sugar creamers forks eggs bagels muffins.i have stayed here before and have two more visits booked here in next two months and I never saw the lack of attention given to the breakfast area before thank you for great stay

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We really value all of your feedback. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the breakfast service. We will pass that feedback on to our staff. We are always trying to find ways to make this service better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This place was off the hook. I had called other places in the area with no luck. I am corporate lodging and the places I called were either booked or something else. I was travelling back from Delaware after working third shift and needed to sleep before travelling the other 4 hours of an already 5 hour trip. This was around 5:15 in the morning. One place I called said my company would be charged for 2 nights instead of 1 since I would be checking in prior to 7:00 a.m.???? I said no way. So after having a really bad stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg, VA (I-95) I decided to try this anyway. Much to my surprise the wonderful woman who answered the phone said I only have suites left but come on anyway and we will take care of you and you will only be charged for one night. The room was wonderful and spacious and exactly what I needed for a few hours of much needed sleep. And they even had a music channel on TV! Super, super nice place. If I am ever in this area again I will definitely stay again! Super customer service. I got my points even though I'm the "dreaded" corporate lodging. Fantastic! Wish all hotels were this nice and this kind to the CLC folks. Kudos to you and yours. It's places like yours that my team of about 30 recommend to others who travel which brings business your way. A very, very happy camper!

Room Tip: I assume all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear sat1922,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. It is very important for us to try to do what is best for our guests. We really value all of our business travelers. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am very thankful for the way I am treated at the Country Inn and Suites in Chester ,Va. The staff go out of their way to make me feel welcomed and cared for while I am there. Shanisha, Victoria, Marlena and Saamel are absolutely wonderful. My room has always been very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear 42Lisa52,

Thank you so much for telling us about your visit. We really are thankful for your valued feedback. Thank you so much for your comments about Shanisha, Victoria, Marlena, and Saamel. We will pass this wonderful feedback on to them. We value all feedback. We use this feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The staff at this hotel (especially Saalme) were helpful, kind & very friendly. I was able to bring my grandsons to the pool. The room was spacious, clean & very inviting. I will be using this facility again & will definitely recommend this to others.
My thanks for the entire staff for making my stay a great experience.
Lisa

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor- the elevator was clean, quick & worked well. I will just assume that t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear lisac1159,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your family time in Chester. We are so glad that we could accommodate you, and your family. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.