“Best value and service in Chester...by far”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Country Inn and Suites is great value! We stay here twice a month on business so we know this place. Megan (who willingly serves guest with double shifts) always goes out of her way to help us and make sure our needs are met. If something needs repaired (rare), Megan and maintenance are "on it" immediately. Maintenance even went out of their way this stay to lend me an outlet multiplier so we can charge all of our electronic gadgets simultaneously. We love relaxing in the pool and hot tub. Access to the hotel from the main road is tricky, particularly the first time. Once you learn the access ropes, it's worth the extra effort.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want. They try hard to accomodate guests.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelernow77
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear travelrnow77,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about your stay. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your comments. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The staff was very, very friendly and accomodating and the room was spotless! I so enjoyed my stay! No problems with wireless access. I was able to work in my room in a very comfortable atmosphere. The bed was perfect!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear P J,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass it on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you enjoyed your time in the area. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

First thing that bothered me was when I checked in I was told that if I lost my receipt I would lose my deposit of $200 for incidentals for both my rooms. I did lose my receipt and spent an hour rummaging through two cars looking for it to find out I left it in my room. All over $200. Even though I argued the point up front I was told it was policy to have your receipt or no refund. I did all that only to find out that the money was in an envelope the whole time with my name on it (hmmmm). I asked for a late checkout. Apparently no one told housekeeping because every 5 minutes the knock on my door. They just didn't care.

Room Tip: spend the extra money and get a jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from January 10th until February 14th and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly and professional, and the breakfast was always hot and fresh. Also don't forget those awesome cookies. Thanks for a refreshing stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Keith D,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for telling us about your extended stay. We hope we provided you with a home feel. Thank you for your comments. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing comments about their service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Country Inn & Suites in Chester, Virginia was terrific. But I am a little biased in their favor : when I walked in the desk clerk was finishing with another guest, so I looked at the sign by the front desk. The guest of the day? That was my name!! Nice!! Free room upgrade, assigned parking space, great staff, great room, what more could I ask for? nothing!! The room was clean, odor free, and comfortable. I got some laundry done, had a nice meal in my room, and relaxed. The staff was helpful and attentive, the whole place was clean and nice. This was a great place to spend a night --wish I could have stayed longer.
This hotel is squeezed in between a Fairfield and a Days Inn, and it is located behind the Exxon station. The Country Inn & Suites has it's own, private driveway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wrktravelr
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear wrktravelr,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope that we treated our Guest fo the Day wonderfully!! We are glad that you enjoyed the extra pampering. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I live in Wi and went to meet my new granddaughter. The staff were excellent! Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted and to my surprise, was informed my room had been upgraded! My sisters decided to share my joy and made reservations for the weekend. The staff accomodated our requests and their rooms were across the hall! My room had a nice living room area to visit and spend time getting to know my little Princess. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfasts were tasty! I especially appreciated the "healthy selections" that were available. The staff treated like family! I will definately stay here every opportunity I have to visit my daughter and her family!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2Trailblazers
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear 2Trailblazers,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with you. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your happy time. Congrats to you and your family. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. We hope you will consider us again in the future.