Second time I stayed here this year. Four days in April, and ten days this time. First trip was very impressive and clean. Place is fairly clean, except for at the entrance and the carpets in the dining area. You have to go through a smoker's haven to get inside. You can't sit outside if you don't smoke, as both sides with chairs were set up with smokers in mind. No consideration at all for the people that do not smoke nor want to be around it.Very unappealing also, are the hundreds of cigarette butts throughout their landscaping even though they put receptables for the grossly discourteous smokers.
Food for breakfast is passable, but my wife and I noticed that the nice plates, real silverware, real glasses, and regular coffee cups we have been accustomed to at Carlson Inns were non existent for most of our stay. I found out that it looks like they use the styrofoam plates, plastic forks, plastic disposable cups, and regular salt and pepper shakers when they are not expecting an inspection from the Carlson Quality control folks. I found out they were expecdting an inspecttion and the real stuff showed up for a few days, then back to normal with the lesser desired items.
The other issue was the parking situation as their parking lot is full of very large CSX railroad vehicles. The day we arrived, just one of the CSX vehicles took up nine parking spaces. This morning there were at least close to ten of the railroad vehicles parked in the lot. If you come back in the evening it becomes very hard to even find a parking space in their lot.
The location suited our needs these two trips, and even though it looks like quality has declined a bit, we would probably use this facility again when we need to stay in this area..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chester, VA! This hotel suits business and leisure travelers alike with a prime location between I-95, Jefferson Davis Highway and West Hundred Road. Make your way to the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet, and then check emails with free high-speed Internet access. Families love the heated indoor pool and whirlpool tub for afternoon entertainment, and corporate travelers appreciate having an on-site business center. Ready to get out and explore all that the Richmond area has to offer? See the region's natural beauty at Dutch Gap Conservation Area or get a taste of the fascinating local history at Henricus Historical Park, Castlewood Plantation House and Fort Lee. 100% Non-smoking facility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Chester
- Country Inn & Suites Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Country Inn