“Great price, a few flaws.”

Country Inn & Suites Chester
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chester
“Great price, a few flaws.”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Hotel was priced right, staff was friendly. Pool area was in an odd spot. Elevator was VERY slow. Beds were too firm in my opinion. All of that could be overlooked. Breakfast was not very good, breakfast lady called in sick... Front desk trying to cover both. Overall a good stay, a few small changes could have made it great!

• Stayed May 2011
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are situated near the I-95 Richmond-Petersburg Turnpike. We offer a complimentary breakfast daily with a variety of items to choose from. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I would like write a quick review about my two favorite employees at this hotel.

Carol Ann - you are my awesome breakfast lady. you also do your job very well and at the same time, you take the time to care about the people you serve breakfast to. I love your little potato mix that you kinda just wing it with seasoning...they are the bomb! I would also like for you to know she goes out of her way to help me with anything I need. I love the service that I get from you....keep up the good work.

Vishall - you are my favorite desk man! You make it very pleasant to come and check in when you are here. Your friendliness, kindness and fast service make it all worth staying here at the hotel. You have gone out of your way to help me so much......you always make sure that I am satisfied and that I have everything I need. It's awesome to walk in and see a smiling face on you upon check in. You have the most excellent customer service skills.

Manta - hands down is the sweetest person to do business with. She is very professional and will work with you, and I enjoy hanging downstairs when she is working.

Keep up the good work you three.......Send you a :) to let you know how special yall are to me!

• Stayed April 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We have passed your comments regarding service on to Carol Ann, Vishall and Manta as it is important for them to know when our guests are pleased with the service they provided. Thank you for your business, your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We were traveling from Maine to Florida and this area was about a half way point. We stayed a night on the way down and then again on the way back. We were very thankful that we made reservations because the hotel was sold out both nights. Great amenities! Breakfast was more than continental and the pool/hot tub was great.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you were able to join us during your trip to Florida. We offer a complimentary breakfast daily to our guests with a variety of breakfast selections. Our heated indoor pool and whirlpool are a great way to relax during your stay. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Driving through the area, late at night, and my travel plans changed due to car troubole. The folks at the front desk were extremely helpful with workinig around these issues. Defienitely would recommend staying here based on the great cusotmer serice alone.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
HotelManagement_CEG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Chester, responded to this review, April 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have passed your comments regarding the service on to our front desk staff, as it important for them to hear postive feedback from our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
San Ramon, California
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is the third hotel in which I've stayed in the area. The other two were lacking but Country Inns and Suites feels very comfortable and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable hotel. We offer a complimentary breakfast buffet daily to our guests. You can relax in our indoor pool or work out in our fitness center. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We just stayed over the weekend of March 4-6 2011 for a soccer tournament. The hotel itself has a very inviting lobby with a friendly gal at the desk.
We were apart of a group that stayed over along with several other teams from all over. The rooms were spacious enough for our 2 adults, one child and one teen. The only complaints I heard about the rooms was the water temperature. I personally didn't have this problem. My water was hot and heated up just as it would have at home. I imagine the water heaters/boilers were on overtime with the entire hotel getting up and ready at the same time. The beds are okay.. a bit on the firm side and the pillows were more life ear muffs... full of feathers, so when you laid your head down it sunk down and the res of the pillow surrounded your head. Joking aside, I was able to sleep so it wasn't horrible.
The pool area was nice with a nice size pool and hot tub. Gym was small but seemed to have adequate machines. Has a nice laundry room as well as a business center if you need to use the computer or print a document. Bonus to me was the fact that the hotel windows actually opened and had screens. It was very warm in the hotel so being able to come in and open the window rather than turning on the fan was nice!
My biggest rave would go to Carol Ann at the hotel's cafe! I have NEVER been to a hotel where you are actually waited on. Carol Ann greeted us, asking how we were and occasionally came by to see how the food was.. even took our dirty plates. Our soccer games started early in the morning and we were concerned that the kids wouldn't get the chance to eat because of the cafe not opening up early enough. No problem, The young lady at the front desk made a call and made contact with Carol Ann to see if she would come in early for us. I am very impressed with their willingness to accommodate our needs. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Kudos to the cleaning crew. Hotel was spotless! Wish I would have gotten the two young girls names at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; we have worked very hard to ensure we are providing a safe, clean and comfortable hotel. We have passed your comments regarding the service on to staff (especially Carol Ann) as it is important for them to hear when they are doing a good job. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
yonkers, ny
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This was a great hotel just off I-95 on Main Road outside Richmond, VA. We stopped on our way from NY to Disney. We paid approximately $65 including tax and had a great, clean room and a hot breakfast buffet. The room even had a fridge and microwave which would have been handy for a longer stay. The indoor pool would have been more than sufficient if we had more time. There were cookies at the front desk at check-in (and during check-out) and a coffee bar in the lobby.
We would definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We offer a breakfast buffet daily to our guests with a variety of selections. Our indoor pool and whirlpool offter a relaxing end to the day. Thank you for your business and your comments and we look forward to your next visit.