“Delicious Indian food - we miss their good Americn breakfast”

Ambrosia Family Style Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 107 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We used to eat American breakfast here and always enjoyed it. Back then, they just offered a few Indian dishes in addition to their American diner type menu. Maybe somebody steered them the wrong direction to ONLY serve Indian food. We love the Indian food they serve. Last night, we just had Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Curry with some garlic naan and basmati rice. Everything tasted so good. I just wish they bring back American breakfast even just on weekends so we can also come here on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I gave them 4 out of 5 because the atmosphere is not 5, however the food and drinks are definitely 5 out of 5.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place used to be "American" cuisine with a few Indian dishes. It is now all Indian! There is a daily buffet, and, for such a small place, an extensive, albeit home-style, menu. They are still decorating, so it's very sparse on the inside, with little ambiance. It's in a small nondescript strip mall off a busy road. The food is well made and offered in mild, medium, and spicy. This is not haute cuisine, just good Indian food. We had a 2 piece appetizer, 2 main courses with rice, a stuffed Naan bread and 2 mango lassies, and it cost around $40. The buffet is, of course, less expensive, with 5 or 6 main choices, plain or pilaf rice, maybe plain naan, and at least one dessert choice. I will be back!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went for lunch with a group of friends and thoroughly enjoyed the Indian food. We each had something different and shared tastes. Flavors were very good. Medium spicy was just spicy enough. Mild wasn't at all spicy. Our non-Indian server did a nice job explaining the food and the flavors. So great to have a FAMILY OWNED Indian restaurant in Chester! We will be back!

However, the decor could use some personalizing. I was surprised to see photography for sale on the walls, rather than traditional decor. And, the name, Ambrosia, does nothing to describe the food. I realize there is a much wider selection of American food, but I think the owners could do themselves a favor with a name or some marketing that gave folks a clue what a little gem (Indian food) this is.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I was excited at the prospect of an Indian place in Chester. I was hopeful it would be a great alternative to driving all the was to Short Pump for Anoka, but was disappointed. The service wasn't great, the waiter knew nothing about the Indian items. We were given a "cheat sheet" of discriptions, but only a few item were listed. I found it very unappealing that I had to google stuff. The food wasn't very good, watered down & not that good. I would go back for the naan, which was great, but that's about it. It was over priced too for the amount & quality of food.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were skeptical - the place looks rather sparsely decorated, and has a weird name, but the breakfast was very good. I had a Western Omelette with fried potatoes. The spuds were just cooked, the old-fashioned way - the omelette was huge and full of cheese, ham, peppers and onions. All was hot and fresh and the server was very pleasant and brought all the condiments we needed without having to be asked. This is the only family owned restaurant that I know of in Chester that serves breakfast on the weekend. It was - surprisingly good. I do wish they'd warm up the decor (perhaps a professional opinion would be worth it) and play some background music, etc. - maybe tablecloths and flowers on the tables and some rugs or something would work. Anyway, food was great and that is what is important. They have sausage gravy biscuits on the menu. I'll try them next. :o)

2  Thank Laura Elaine T