“More than sports”
Review of Brass Monkeys - CLOSED

Brass Monkeys
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Atmosphere: There's a lot more going on here than most sports bars, evening events like karaoke, comedy night and poker tournaments. Great place to meet up with friends, but not as family-friendly as the previous tenant (Uno's). Actually watching sports is difficult, since the space is not very open and few tables give a good TV view.

Food: As good as most sports places, sometimes better. The 4-slider sampler was great, plenty of fillings for the sandwiches, and the BBQ, chicken salad and tuna salad had a bit of zest. I like the way they lay out the nachos, so you get all the toppings on each and don't end up with a batch of soggy chips buried beneath chili. Fairly broad menu includes pizza, Stromboli, and shrimp, so everyone can find something appealing.

Service: Above average. Greeted and seated and initial drink orders right away, servers checked back often and kept our glasses filled.

Overall, a fun place for lunch or a couple of hours with friends.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is your standard sports bar atmosphere with food that is actually good and fairly inexpensive. Wait staff was very attentive and efficient. I had a steak one night and it was very well prepared and good quality.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Staff was great but the food was average at best. I had the calzone which was ok ... several of my family said the soup was cool almost cold when it arrived. I was told the pork chops and chicken ordered by my family was tough and not very tasty. it is defiantly a sports bar and the TV's were everywhere ... I can appreciate how nice that would be on Sunday afternoon. Overall we were not too happy with it and will not be back for food although I may try it during football season for a drink and a game.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

the ribs where amazing but the waitress was not the best i had to ask for my refill everytime the glass was empty she would look at us like we where suppose to only get one refill and that was it

Reviewed February 3, 2012

The smokiness in the non-smoking section at The Brass Monkeys took away from the enjoyment of an otherwise good meal. Perhaps it was just a bad night for them. Won't be going back. :(