“great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
nc
“great hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We travel quite a bit with my daughter's soccer team and we love staying at this hotel. The king bed with pullout rooms are quite roomy and the balconey/patio rooms are a must!! The staff is absolutely fabulous. The indoor pool is great & the towels are always stocked. The only 2 things I wish they would change would be to have a microwave in the room & offer a free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank emyc
CHESTERCOURTYARD, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Chester Courtyard! As always, it is a pleasure to have you as our guest and we truly appreciate you choosing us. I am greatful that you took the time to commend us on the job that we are doing in Chester and I am glad to know that we met your expectations. I look forward to your continued business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
NJ
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Only spent a night.... good location off of I-95 for an overnight stay. Clean rooms, safe - pretty much our basic requirement for this type of stopover. Lobby was under major renovations during our stay, but that wasn't an issue. Breakfast (dining room) was HORRIBLE though. There was a hot buffet and an a la carte menu. Food was very poor - eat somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Chester Courtyard. I am glad to know that we met your basic requirements for your trip even though the hotel underwent a major lobby renovation during this time. However, I am truly sorry that we did not meet your dining expectations. Since that time, we have completed our lobby renovation and have introduced a brand new restaurant labled 'The Bistro' that includes brand new refreshing menu options as well as freshly brewed Starbucks beverages. It is a brand new concept, and I assure you that you will not be disappointed if you visit us again. If you visit the Chester area again, I do hope that you stop by to check us out! Thank you again for taking the give us this helpful feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We are a family of four who stayed here when passing through on the way to Florida. This is a nice hotel near the highway. The staff were very friendly and they had a good breakfast buffet (additional cost). Internet was free. The bedding was nice (typical of Marriott chain), but the matress was less impressive. Motion was easily transferred with two people in a bed. The pool was very tiny so we didn't bother. I would be happy to stay here again, but I might also try somewhere else next time looking for better value.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Chester Courtyard for your hotel accommodations. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback for your stay with us and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. However I am sorry that the bedding was not to your liking. Since your stay here, you will be pleased to know that this hotel has undergone a major lobby renovation that includes a brand new restaurant and offers more inviting & functional space. During this renovation, we have also installed brand new pillow top matresses in every room for your comfort. If you visit the Chester area again, I welcome you to stop by and visit us again. I assure you that you will find value in this new product at a very competitive rate. I thank you again for this valuable feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2009

My family and I stayed at this hotel the weekend following Christmas. The facilities are in good condition and the room layouts were pretty much what one would expect from a Courtyard. My primary issue with this particular location was the noise that entered our room from outside sources. We could hear the conversations of people not only in the room next to ours, but other surrounding rooms as well. When the neighboring room took a shower, the sound was almost like they were showering in front of me. For the price and through my experiences with other Courtyards, this was not acceptable. Given the number of other hotels in the area, we have opted not to use this hotel again during our travels in and through the area.

• Liked — Location and facilities
  • Disliked — Staff not particularly friendly and the noise levels in the room unacceptable
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
CHESTERCOURTYARD, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Richmond-Chester. I appreciate your business and I appreciate you taking the opportunity to provide this valuable feedback.
At Courtyard, our goal is to provide travelers with a comfortable, productive, and enjoyable stay. Although there are some aspects of your stay that I can not change, this feedback will be taken into consideration for continuous improvement. I hope that in the future you will reconsider staying at the Chester Courtyard. Thank you again for this valuable feedback.
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2008

My normal hotel was booked so I tried the Courtyard. The hotel was very clean and front desk was extremely helpful when I arrived early.

Room was large and comfortable. No Wireless and no free breakfast..However I did enjoy the quality of the room.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — no free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chester Courtyard by Marriott. I appreciate your business and I am glad you took this opportunity to provide this feedback. It is our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations and I am thrilled to know that we have. We have made a few changes since your visit, including free wifi in every room, so If you are in the Richmond-Chester area again, please come back and visit us! My personal thanks again, for making Courtyard by Marriott your first choice for travel accommodations.
CT
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed there for 1 Saturday night while on our way to North Carolina. It is a little more expensive than other hotels in the area, but it was worth every penny! We had been stuck in traffic and did not reach the hotel until almost 11pm. It literally took 5 minutes for us to check in and be in our room. We had a king with a pull out couch. The room was very large and had a nice flat screen tv. We will definitely stay here again on our annual trip to NC. The only reason I give it 4/5 is that I did not use any of the hotel's facilities so I cannot comment on them.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
CHESTERCOURTYARD, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
I appreciate you choosing the Chester Courtyard and I truly appreciate your valuable feedback. I am pleased to know that we met your expectations. If you happen to visit the Chester area again, I hope that you will stop by to check out our newly renovated state of the art lobby. We have recreated our lobby space to make it more inviting and functional. We have also upgraded our bedding with the installation of Marriotts' signature mattresses, and we are currently installing wireless access in every guest room. I assure that you will find great value in all of these amenities. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Greensburg, PA
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed at the Courtyard in Chester, VA for a night to visit with friends in the area before heading down to the Outer Banks. The hotel was in a nice area. I was traveling with my 3 children and my parents. They booked two rooms for all of us. A couple months before my mom called to make sure that they could give us adjoining rooms and they said they would do so with NO problem. However, upon check-in they could not do so and gave us rooms on opposite sides of the same floor. I was a little disappointed that they could not fix this.

The rooms were VERY clean, beds were super comfy, and the room was tastefully decorated. We used the pool and it was very clean with plenty of clean towels available to use. The hotel was VERY busy with 12-14 year old boys everywhere that were in the area for a lacrosse tournament of some kind. I could hear a lot of commotion in the hallways but not before a chaperon came out and scolded the kids. I was relieved I did not have to do so or call management. The elevators were REALLY SLOW!!!! Breakfast was not included with the room but could be purchased in hotel restaurant for $8.00 a person. We opted for the IHOP down the road instead which was much cheaper and kid friendly.

• Liked — The Super comfy bed!!!
  • Disliked — Slow Elavators and pricey breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dereynolds76