Courtyard Richmond Chester
HIExpress.com
$99
$54
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskbite to eatweek staynice hotelsmile on her facenice roomthe general managercoffee potft leerooms were very cleannorth carolinahome away from homethe staff was greatstaying at this hotelsoccer tournamentcomplimentary breakfastgreat customer service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2008

My normal hotel was booked so I tried the Courtyard. The hotel was very clean and front desk was extremely helpful when I arrived early.

Room was large and comfortable. No Wireless and no free breakfast..However I did enjoy the quality of the room.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
CHESTERCOURTYARD, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chester Courtyard by Marriott. I appreciate your business and I am glad you took this opportunity to provide this feedback. It is our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations and I am thrilled to know that we have. We have made a few changes since your visit, including free wifi in every room, so If you are in the Richmond-Chester area again, please come back and visit us! My personal thanks again, for making Courtyard by Marriott your first choice for travel accommodations.

Reviewed July 28, 2008

We stayed there for 1 Saturday night while on our way to North Carolina. It is a little more expensive than other hotels in the area, but it was worth every penny! We had been stuck in traffic and did not reach the hotel until almost 11pm. It literally took 5 minutes for us to check in and be in our room. We had a king with a pull out couch. The room was very large and had a nice flat screen tv. We will definitely stay here again on our annual trip to NC. The only reason I give it 4/5 is that I did not use any of the hotel's facilities so I cannot comment on them.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
CHESTERCOURTYARD, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

I appreciate you choosing the Chester Courtyard and I truly appreciate your valuable feedback. I am pleased to know that we met your expectations. If you happen to visit the Chester area again, I hope that you will stop by to check out our newly renovated state of the art lobby. We have recreated our lobby space to make it more inviting and functional. We have also upgraded our bedding with the installation of Marriotts' signature mattresses, and we are currently installing wireless access in every guest room. I assure that you will find great value in all of these amenities. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed at the Courtyard in Chester, VA for a night to visit with friends in the area before heading down to the Outer Banks. The hotel was in a nice area. I was traveling with my 3 children and my parents. They booked two rooms for all of us. A couple months before my mom called to make sure that they could give us adjoining rooms and they said they would do so with NO problem. However, upon check-in they could not do so and gave us rooms on opposite sides of the same floor. I was a little disappointed that they could not fix this.

The rooms were VERY clean, beds were super comfy, and the room was tastefully decorated. We used the pool and it was very clean with plenty of clean towels available to use. The hotel was VERY busy with 12-14 year old boys everywhere that were in the area for a lacrosse tournament of some kind. I could hear a lot of commotion in the hallways but not before a chaperon came out and scolded the kids. I was relieved I did not have to do so or call management. The elevators were REALLY SLOW!!!! Breakfast was not included with the room but could be purchased in hotel restaurant for $8.00 a person. We opted for the IHOP down the road instead which was much cheaper and kid friendly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dereynolds76
Reviewed May 1, 2008

We were on the way home from a North Carolina vacation and need a place to stay to break from a thunder storm that is turning bad. At nine P.M. at night we will take any accomadation that is not over price. Pulling in the Marriot courtyard prove to be a good choice. The hotel looked great from the outside and the room are even better. All new furnishing and so clean and comfortable. It is just what we need. The buffet breakfast in the morning was not very good. There is quite a lot other restaurant in blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank schong
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We stayed here as a quick overnight on our way to a convention. It was an easy on/off from 95 South and overall very good. check in was quick, the rooms were ready (with the heat on) and check out was easy, too.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business