“five star for sure”

GreenLeadersSilver level
new york
“five star for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was exquisite and the rooms were huge. such a surprise at a highway exit. the staff was pleasant and helpful. sleeping wasnt a problem because there was not a sound in the hallway. Rooms include flat screen tvs and two queen beds rather than the standard double

Room Tip: when traveling on I-95 this is a definite sleep choice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indy P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond Chester, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
We are very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We all look forward to have you and serve you again. Always at your service - take care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Stone Mountain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

During a road trip from Georgia to New York, we made Richmond our half way point, and we made this hotel our spot for the night. What a great choice. We booked a room with two beds, each bed was a queen not a full, which makes a difference if you are sharing a bed! The beds were very confortable, and the room was very clean and well maintained. The bar and bistro in the lobby is just what the doctor ordered after driving all day. Customer service could not have been better, and we enjoyed it so much we stop there and spent the night on the way back as well. The only negitive thing i could say is the elevator is VERY slow, but they say it was because one was not working at the time, however when we returned a week later it was still very slow.

Room Tip: Elevator very slow so you may want to ask for a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

- We stayed here as a family of 4 for about a week. We had a room on the courtyard level (really the basement level). It was very nice! High ceilings, sliding door to the courtyard, the pool/spa and exercise room were just 2 doors down which was great for the kids!
- Parking is abundant and the hotel is just off of the interstate without being in a crazy busy area. There is a Walmart and other shopping amenities within a 5 minute drive.
- Another rater mentioned that their room was out-of-date and unkempt - mine was not. It was very nicely furnished with a flat-screen tv, pull-out couch, desk area and a small refrigerator. I can be a little paranoid if the room seems dirty but that was not the case in this hotel.

The only reason I knocked my rating down one was the fact that they offered free coffee but if you wanted something to eat there was food available for purchase. For the price paid to stay the hotel could at least offer something simple like an assortment of pastries/muffins and fruit to go along with the coffee.

Room Tip: Lower Level rooms allow you to walk straight out into the courtyard and are on the same level as the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hinesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here with my husband while I was at training at Ft Lee. The place was close to post and they offered military discount which was great because when I booked online they didn't. When I arrived, I spoke to the front desk and she dropped the price. The room looked exactly like it does on their website. It was clean and comfortable. They only bad thing; they are only close to 2 fast food restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard as they are usually a reasonable hotel. I first noticed that the elevator was filthy. The carpet has not seen an edge vacuum in years. My room, with dated decor,had a strong stale odor which did not diminish even with the door to the balcony open. I didn't complain or ask for another room as I was told when I checked in without a reservation this was the only room available. I left a glass on the nightstand with a small amount of coca-cola in it when I went to sleep. I awoke to the nightstand swarming with ants. Tried using the room phone to call the front desk, got only a busy signal. I got myself together and headed for the checkout. When I reported the ants, the woman at the desk first joked that the ants thought the coca-cola was a treat for them. Then she told me this time of year they can hardly stay on top of the problem and have the exterminator our every two weeks or so. For $149 a night, I don't want to stay in a room with pests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rose R
Horizon City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel while driving down to Florida. We chose this location after first reviewing many of the others in the area and decided that this would be our best bet. Its very conveniently located off of 95 and is located near plenty of eateries and shopping. The front desk was pleasant and courteous and check in was quick. Overall the hotel was clean and to our liking, but I was as satisfied with our room. The room was spacious and comfortable, but the carpet definitely needs to be changed. There were large, noticeable stains all over the carpet and there was a foul odor on one of the beds. If we were going to stay here for more than a few hours for a quick layover I would have definitely requested that our room be switched. I would, however, stay here again and would recommend this location to other travelers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dawnnl
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hi. We stayed at the Courtyard Richmond Chester for a stopover while driving north. The hotel was 1 mins off I-95, so each on/off. We found the hotel via the I95 hotel coupon books you pick up at rest stops or gas stations, and as the hotel is in a business area, they had great weekend deals!
The hotel itself is a newer or renovated courtyard, with the updated public bar, restaurant, business area...very organized and clean! The room was also very clean, and bed very comfortable.
There were a few restaurants and shopping areas within a 5 mins drive or so

Overall a great place to stay if you just need to spend the night off of I-95. As we got to the hotel at 9pm and left by 9am, can't say much else in general about the area

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple