“Hospitality Excellence”

Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

From beginning to end, this hotel provided a wonderful experience. The staff was extremely courteous. The check in process was quick and efficient. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites in general and this location in particular

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about our hotel. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff was friendly and efficient. We hope that next time you are in the Richmond/Chester area that you will choose us again and we look forward to the opportunity to be your home away from home again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

You'll have a hard time finding a better hotel, courteous staff, and amenities for the price of Homewood Suites. The kids enjoyed the pool. The complimentary food was terrific, plus we had a nice kitchen to bring food for lunch and snacks. This hotel is absolutely fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that next time you are in the Richmond/Chester area that you will choose us again and we look forward to the opportunity to be your home away from home again!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is ok, it just need new decoration. rooms was clean, however the room I was staying in was having trouble with the hot water all day. After complaining all day latterly at around 10:30pm I was able to move in a new room, however the front desk clerk was rude through out it all.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill our a review. I am very sorry about the problems that you experienced with hot water and customer service during your stay. We did unfortunatly have unexpected issues with the hot water affecting the entire building. We had the problems corrected as soon as possible. The service that you experienced is unacceptable and is definitely not what we aim to provide. I would love to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please email me at nicole.clay@hilton.com or call me at the hotel at 804-751-0010. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

No hot water on Day of Wedding. We've stayed at Homewood Suites before and this establishment offers all the typical amenities, breakfast buffet, indoor pool, gym facilities, very good value for the price (discounted wedding rate.) Facility offered us the option of going across the street to the adjacent Holiday Inn for a hot shower, but it was awkward, and we ended up taking ice showers. It's my understanding that one owner is responsible for majority of the hotels in this area, and that might be why the Holiday Inn was offered up to us. However, even if there is a monopoly on the hotels in the area, it certainly doesn't excuse dropping the ball on the subsequent lack of customer service we received. We pursued and received a partial credit, but it certainly could have been handled better. Would suggest that the company as a whole look at investing in shuttle services for wedding/conference, it would go a long way in this area/region.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Nicole C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a reveiw. I am very sorry for the problems that you experienced with the hot water during your stay. We were unfortunatly having issues with our hot water and corrected the problem as soon as possible but I am sorry for the inconvenience it did cause you getting ready for the wedding. I believe we provided you with the Suite Assurance Guarantee for the one day that we were having hot water issues. If there is anything else I can personally do for you please contact me at the hotel at 804-751-0010.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Not the best hotel I have stayed at. Hotel staff can be better trained. Stayed 2 nights and hotel had problems where they had no hot water and never communicated they had a problem, also heard others complain about dirty linens on their beds. Staff overall was not very freindly or customer focused.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. I value your opinion and I am very sorry that our customer service did not meet your expectations. I would love to speak with you personally about the problems that you experienced. Please contact me at the hotel at 804-751-0010 or via email at nicole.clay@hilton.com to discuss this further. I look forward in hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very cold windery week while staying at this hotel. 3 -4 inchs of snow fall that night. After breakfast I went to my car to warm it up and clean the windows and to my surprise, my windows were clean. The hotel staff cleaned off the snow from all the cars. WOW This was a first.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad that we were able to suprise you by cleaning off your car! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Richmond/Chester area!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was an enjoyable experience. I travel a lot and there usually something wrong at each hotel. But I could not find anything here. I definately recommend this hotel. The breakfast were hot and plentaful. The rooms clean and quiet. Our rental had no snow brush, and they offered to lend us one. The staff was very pleasant and helpful when asking for a nice place to dine. They do have complentary meals Monday - Thursday. The menu is hanging on the refrigerator in the room. Just a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business