“Great service”

Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 16, 2009

The property was very clean and modern and the staff very friendly. The food options were unusual and enjoyable although a little pricey.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed January 3, 2009

The Hyatt Place in Chester Virginia is an amazing hotel. The lobby or "gallery" is very spacious and has modern and clean lines. The hotel is spotless and has a good location to both interstates 95 and 295. Staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was huge, clean, highly modern, and the bathroom was virtually brand new. The 42 inch flat screen tv and high speed wireless internet were both appreciated. The hotel had a nice fitness room, and outdoor pool, but the outdoor pool was closed because of the season. The best part of the hotel was the breakfast. The continental breakfast was more than ample. However because we were AAA members and they had a free breakfast special for AAA member we got to select a hot breakfast item from the menu. It was wonderful and only added to the positive aspects of the hotel. Well recommended!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2008

My husband and I are discovering the new Hyatt Place Hotels. These hotels are amazing gems - we've stayed in three and they've all been amazing deals for the amenities and spaciousness. In all three hotels, we asked for quiet rooms in the back of the buildings on high floors. In two of the hotels, we got the regular rooms exactly as we asked. In the Chester Hyatt Place, we were upgraded to a larger room with a nicer bathroom. The beds were heavenly, the 42 inch plasma screen TV at the foot of our bed was spectacular, it was one of the cleanest rooms we've had in a hotel. It smelled clean. We were so taken by this hotel by the interstate near practically nothing, we stayed an extra day to catch up on rest and watch movies on that amazing television. The only problems we had were the ice makers weren't working and the wireless internet was somewhat spotty. But this was a brand new hotel and we could tell they were still working out some kinks. However, the front desk personnel were very nice and helpful. The morning continental breakfast was a welcome plus. For the two nights, several movies and high sales taxes, our bill came to $230. This hotel felt like a much higher end hotel than advertised and we felt that $230 was a bargain for the level of service and for the outstanding amenities offered. We will be on the outlook for Hyatt Places the next time we travel - both my husband and I highly recommend them.
Sincerely, Kathy and Bob
From The Great State of Maine

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice. It is a very comfortable hotel with lots of interesting features to offer a weary traveler.

Check-in and check-out is a breeze via the kiosk, but a very friendly "host" is ready and willing to check you in/out. The hotel offers great rates in a clean, comfortable hotel. The rooms are big and the bed is very comfortable - even the sleeper sofa was acceptable to sleep on. I found the housekeeping very good.

The food was good and fresh and reasonably priced. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast - the fruit was very fresh and the selection was very good.
Chen’s Chinese Restaurant is next door and offers great food for lunch and dinner. A few miles west on VA Rte 10 you will find all major restaurant chains.

The Hyatt is easily accessible from I-295 and is about 4 miles from I-95. There is a Wawa, Sheetz and several other gas stations within view of the hotel, so getting back on the road in the morning with a full tank of gas and a cup of coffee is easy – this makes the Hyatt Place a great stop for those traveling.

The hotel is less than 10 minutes from Ft Lee and less than 20 minutes from the Richmond Airport.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I can't understand the negative reviews. Maybe they were still under construction then. My husband and I travel frequently. He had business in Chester for a week so I came along. This hotel is the best hotel that I have stayed at ever! The check-in process was done at one of their kiosks in the lobby. It was fast! The lobby is sleek and modern with plenty of seating. There is a great cafe that offers bar seating and a spacious galley kitchen. You can order from a touch screen monitor or ask a galley host. We were greeted by some friendly staff members on our way to the elevator. Our room was huge with a large 42" TV. We have plenty of space to work, sleep, watch TV, relax, and get ready. The bedding is super comfortable. Everything is super modern and is so clean. There is a fridge too. Usually there is some kind of odor good or bad in hotels. Not this one. Just clean. I have stayed here in the hotel most of the week and the staff have been wonderful. They heated up our Chinese leftovers and treated us like royalty one night in the cafe. I don't want to leave. If you want to be spoiled come here! Oh, and there is free high speed internet. The location is great too. Only an hour from Williamsburg and 2 hours from DC. I couldn't recommend this hotel more! A++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, don't miss George Washington's Mt. Vernon. It was the highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank kr122785
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I booked my husband and kids here while they were driving up 95. I had spent 2 hours (while they were driving along) trying to find a reasonably priced place with 2 beds and a crib that also served breakfast. Since they had recently finished remodeling and adding 40 or so units, she had what they needed. The front desk person was great and patient with me in my harried state.

Here's where I get my info second hand since I didn't stay. My husband said the room was huge - 2 queens plus a large sofa and another area for a refrigerator. The kids had a great time running around the room and then watching tv on the bed. He said the beds were comfortable. The only knock against the place was that the crib didn't have a sheet in it, but I had sent one with him so it didn't matter. The breakfast the next day was good with cereals, juice, english muffins.

It's essentially a brand new place and a value for the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank catherp
Reviewed January 9, 2008

"Under construction" doesn't begin to cover it. Dust, noise, clutter. They were remodelling (cheap as possible, I'll bet) beginning at 8 AM, includimg most weekends. The staff was useless, usually you have to venture behind the counter to find them.

Sad. New name (Hyatt) for same old dump will be in use by now, I imagine.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business