“Pretty nice”

Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The customer service was great. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The price really good. There was 24 hour room service and free hot breakfast. They also had a coffee bar and regular bar. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night on a road trip and it is perfect for one night or a couple of days. The rooms are extremely spacious, clean, and updated. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast had hot eggs, pastries, and a variety of beverages; it's not exactly the breakfast you see on the site's photos but it is good enough. The location is great and there are several restaurants in the same plaza and within a few miles.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice hotel with great looking stylish rooms and a great bar and breakfast area. The bar was a nice touch and a great place to unwind with a drink in the evening. King room was large and very modern. Friendly staff with a great service attitude. Another great looking a large fitness center with all of the equipment I look for at each hotel. I work out each week and I stay at the Hyatt chains because of their attention to what is needed in a nice fitness center. Very convenient to the interstate with plenty of places to eat locally. I have put this at the top of my list for Richmond hotels and will be staying here when I return for business in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels we have stayed at in a long time. It was very family friendly. The rooms were very spacious and clean. They also had a wonderful continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again myself.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Clean, welcoming, spacious rooms, and friendly staff - can't ask for better traits. I stay here frequently while visiting relatives in the area and have always had a great experience. Some signs of wear and tear in the rooms, but nothing to prevent from a good overall experience.

Conveniently located off 295 and minutes to all the stores & restaurants on route 10. I enjoy the quiet corner this hotel is located in as other hotels in the area are always abuzz with neon lights nearby.

Very welcoming staff and free wife & breakfast daily. Breakfast was OK. Pool & fitness center as well. Quiet enough rooms as well, though some hallway noise filters through depending on where on the floor you are located.

Highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I was very fortunate to stay at the Hyatt Place on an extended businesses trip for approximately 13 weeks. During my stay, I was able to obtain a real observation of their operations; The staff is very friendly, professional and accommodating even though I realize that I could be a little fastidious. My room was very spacious and I love the separation of my room between my bed, couch, and desk areas. If you have a family, this is perfect to obtain just enough separation mommy and daddy may need. They WIFI is very easy to access and I hardly ever had a problem (I think it may time out if you are not active on it which is the least of my worries). They also have the capability to print from your personal device or use their business center (kinda small but I never had a problem taking care of the business I needed to - printing, copying, or scanning) They serve very good breakfast in the morning though I found it repetitive (what do you expect for 13 weeks though.) You can also order food 24/7 from the lobby. The lobby is very spacious to include a decent sized bar at your disposal. They also have a pool with grill, laundry facilities, gym, and large business rooms to accommodate your needs / wants. There is just enough in the immediate area to accommodate any external needs such as gas, food (all kinds), groceries, and attractions without feeling like you are in a city. I was able to see 295 from my window while enjoying some peace and quietness. To the Hyatt Place: thank you for your outstanding service and I'll see you in a few weeks as I plan to bring my family for a quick stay!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is fantastic. The staff strives to meet your every need 24/7. There is complimentary breakfast, WiFi, and business office. There is also a pool that would not be complete without the grill they have. The rooms are very spacious with a swivel television. There is also a desk and refrigerator.

Overall I have had an excellent experience while staying here. I would without a doubt stay every time I pass through the area.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business