“The hotel and the staff were highly professional and pleasant during our stay.”

Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent four (4) days at the Hyatt Place in Chester during my wedding celebration and found the staff fully professional, caring and supported of my needs as a guests. Let me remind everyone, I was there when there was no electricity in the area because of a storm but regardless of the storm the staff at the hotel was fully supported. Furthermore, my room was extremely clean and there was no issue with bugs as stated by others.

Overall I was very happy with my stay and looking forward going there again this weekend. One more thing, they are pet-friendly and many of the guests (just like myself) are part of the Fort Lee military family that travel consistently to see our love ones. My regards to all of the staff. Respectfully, Nataly M. Anifrani

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nataly A
Reserve_1, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear valued guest:

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 804-530-4600.

Terry Ford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel was fine and comfortable. However after going downstairs to catch breakfast, we realized the clock in the room was an hour behind! This caused us to miss breakfast and an important appointment re: my mother-in-law's death. I guess we were wrong to assume the clock in the room was correct. Very frustrating. Considering other hotel for return trip tomorrow because of this. We had to reschedule for Friday and put a damper on our vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Curtis E
Reserve_1, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 804-530-4600

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel if you don't want to be blamed for broken item in your room a week after check out and having a LARGE charge on your credit card. When you do call and speak with the manager, Ms. Terry [--], do not think for a second you will get any type of respect, customer service, or even a pleasant conversation (you won't get a word in edgewise...this I promise).

The so called manager MS. TERRY [--] is the most rude, loud mouthed, ignorant person I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with.
I still can't believe that Hyatt would even consider putting this type of ignorance in a management position.

Stay at your own risk...but remember, a great deal in the beginning could COST YOU BIG…BEWARE.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank explorerqueen2016
Reserve_1, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Im so sorry that you feel this way, I tried my best to communicate with your son during his stay to resolve this issue. A thorough lock audit was completed on the room and no other entries were made during the time he occupied the room. Unfortunately he checked out a daily early, so I was not able to futher discuss the situation with him and without an alternate form of payment, we had no alternative but to charge the card on file.

Its always a diffcult situation when there are damages to a room. Each guest when they register becomes responsible for keeping the room in good conditions and free of damages. When damages occur it is the registered guest(s) financial responsibility to replace such damaged items.

Once again I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Terry - General Manager
Georgia Coast, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We decided to stay here on our long drive up from the South. Check-in went well, and our room seemed to be a little shop-worn but clean. However, when I set something down on the sofa I noticed something moving...very small insects that appeared to be ants. I later noticed more ants on the bathroom counter. The sofa was worn out, and the room itself was overdue for an update. This place needs to be de-bugged and renovated. The very nice staff deserves a better place to work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NewAdventurer2
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester, responded to this review, June 7, 2013

Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
DC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My only complaint would be that the bed seemed to be slightly lop-sided. But the sheets were clean and pillows comfortable. Room was very clean and bathroom. Check-in was a breeze no issues. The hotel smelled nice when you first walk in. Clean. I noticed one afternoon how the young lady working there took time out for each and every table to spray with cleaner and wipe down the tables with care. I shall return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DCHU
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester, responded to this review, May 29, 2013

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We checked in early and stayed on the 4th floor. While getting ready to go to bed a cockroach rand from under the sink and ran to the bed. We smashed it but where there's one there's more. There were dirty dishes in the hall when we arrived and were still there when we came back later that night. This place needs a good cleaning and an extermination. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Zinnia123
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Burgaw
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 4 days with a reunion group. We arrived early and the desk lady went out of her way to find a room that was turned over, even though it was only 1:30. The room was spacious and very well designed. We had a walk-in shower, similar to the one I have at home. Great internet speed with an easy log-on process that didn't have to be redone as many hotels do. Awesome flat screen tv that pivoted on a single post about 240 degrees.
The breakfast was generous with something for just about every taste. Great coffee and the conveyor toaster was very fast and accurate on heat.
Overall, it was a great place for us to stay for this reunion. All of the staff made eye contact and were very friendly. These folks are well trained and obviously value their customers.

Room Tip: First floor corner is extremely quiet.