“Could not have asked for more”

Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 8, 2012

What a great surprise in this little area. Amenities were brand new, very comfortable and the bar and breakfast were a nice touch. Beds were really comfy rooms were big! The Mexican restaurant across the street was good too!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Here for a wedding weekend, our room on the 4th floor, no. 424 to be exact. This was a standard room with two double beds, but it felt like a suite. The room had a large modular sofa and ottoman, flat screen TV on a swivel to be viewed from bed or from the sofa and desk. Marble countertops and a small fridge, no minibar. The bathroom was adequate and clean. The closet did not have a door, but it only faced the sink and served as a divider to the bedroom portion. The hotel had some partiers on our floor, but due to proximity they did not affect our stay, we only heard the noise when walking by that hallway. An icemaker was across from our door, however I never heard any disturbance from this. In the lobby they have a small Starbucks station and bar serving wine and beer. The hotel has self parking, a full free breakfast in the lobby and room service. There are no bellman services. I would return if I had a need in the area.

Room Tip: Corner room is larger and quieter than rooms near the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here overnight on our way to Disney World.

Karen was great at check-in and offered a brief tour - no one has ever done that for us before - nice personal touch!

Loved the king bed room layout - especially the large comfy "play pen" type couch.

Very convenient yet quiet location. Wawa's right next door and also two restaurants - one Chinese, one Mexican.

Will stay there again on our way back in a couple of weeks if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My brother lives in Chester and this is the 2nd time we've stayed at this hotel. Again, it was clean, the staff was very friendly and it was conveniently located to everywhere we had to go. The breakfast was included and it was warm and delicious like the last time. I think the room could've been spruced up a little bit, but still, it was clean and very comfortable and accommodated 6 people comfortably, which we don't find very often without paying a fortune! Unless my brother buys a bigger house, we will definitely be staying at the Hyatt Place on our next visit to Chester!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We spent far too much time traveling on the highway, and I was quite tired. I had never stayed at a Hyatt Place before, and booked this one because it was the closest one to the Va/NC border. It was fantastic. The room was quite comfortable. Two doubles (no queens) but they were just fine. Room is spacious, with a separate living area with a very large sectional sofa, part of which is a queen sofa bed (largest bed in room, and also comfortable, especially for a sofa bed). I cannot figure out the reason one prior reviewer questioned the size of the bathroom. It was large with plenty of space for changing. The breakfast (free) may have been the best of any hotel chain -- huge, freshly prepared egg sandwiches, on whole grain, or croissants. One with bacon, one with mushrooms and veggies. Plus, all the other things usually found, but of high quality. Outdoor pool area was great as well, although was too tired to use it. But, my 17 year old loved the exercise/weight room. I will definitely look for Hyatt Places in other locations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Chose to stay at this property due to the quick access off of 295 and the fact that I wanted to get away for the weekend.

Although the hotel was packed, check in was a pleasant breeze and the staff took the time to explain the amenities and offer recommendations to area restaurants. The hotel lobby was clean, the elevators were quite efficient and although the hotel was packed, the noise level heard in the rooms was quite low.

The rooms are quite spacious and I like the separation between the bedroom and sitting area as well as the fridges in each room. The channel selection and HD TV made for a good weekend in.

The Chinese restaurant around the corner is quite economical and the food was great. (The House Special Fried Rice is a must!!)

The only problem I had was with the housekeeping staff and communication with the front desk. I was given a 2 pm Check out and at 11 am, noon and 1 pm the Housekeeping staff both banged on my door and called the room to ask when I was leading. Normally this is not a problem the first time, but by the third time I was livid. Upon checking out, I had the chance to discuss this with management, received an apology, was present when the manager reprimanded the housekeeping manager and front desk representative and received a full refund for my stay.

Great Property with management that understands what it means to strive for great customer service!

Room Tip: High floor corner room the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recently stayed here for a night. The experience was not as good as I expected from Hyatt brand. The staff was friendly but not enough of them were probably around for the size of the hotel. For any housekeeping request we had, they asked us to go down and pick it up ourselves. The AC in the room was not temperature controlled but rather an On/OFF type noisy unit. Additionally, the noise from the outdoor pool was reaching clearly to our third floor room (can't complain about people using the pool..they were just having a good time). On a positive note, the room size was good, bedding was no problem and everything else seemed well maintained. The hot breakfast was also good although the small kitchen was very busy in peak morning hours when we went there. Right next to the hotel parking lot, there is a good mexican restaurrant (Jalapenos) that we tried and there was one more (chinese). No need to travel far for food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family