“Excellent!”

Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We never had Turkish food before this place, but I have to say that the food is so good. The staff are friendly and helpful and this is very important, especially for me due to my food allergies. They always manage to prepare my food to perfection, the way I need it. This small restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and they do not rush you out the door. We have returned and will continue to do so. If you want good food and food that is homemade, then this is the place for you. Even the bread, which is served warm, is homemade and excellent. Try it! You won't be disappointed. This restaurant is a Gem!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Annabelle2045

Richmond, Virginia
“Anatolia Grill in Chester is an EPICUREAN DELIGHT!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Off the beaten path, this little Turkish jewel nestled in the sleepy 'burb of Chester knocked my socks off! The food is simple, fresh and completely delicious.
THE BEST FELAFEL I HAVE EVER HAD - by a long shot.
Offerings of doner, shish and adana preparations of chicken, beef and lamb (ask the waitstaff, they will guide you) complement a large serving of crushed bulgur (YUM) and a simple salad that come with each meal. The kebobs are moist and flavorful - I tried the chicken and lamb combination and was thrilled. The moussaka tastes like it came from grandma's kitchen, along with the fresh home-made bread.
For dessert, I went a little nuts and ordered the Kunefe - a bizarre dish made with mozzeralla cheese and honey....as the waitress said, I don't know how, but it WORKS...it was an incredible, melt-in-your-mouth taste experience like no other. For those who love Baklava, that is noteworthy as well.
Was fortunate enough to meet the owner/chef (Mustafa) and his lovely wife - can clearly see why the place is so spectacular. He cooks as though he is feeding his own family, and it very apparent. And servings are clearly intended for a hungry lumber-jack... absolutely tremendous. Prices are ridiculously low for the quantity and quality of food served. Open 7days/week for lunch and dinner.
I cannot say enough about the quality of the ingredients and the resulting taste of the food. It was just a wonderful epicurean experience - totally unexpected here in Chester - and so worth the trip. Literally 15 minutes from downtown via I-95, sitting right on Rt. 10. I will definitely be back!!

• Visited July 2011