“Great seafood spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Riptides

Riptides
Ranked #2 of 106 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a training and found this great seafood spot. I went for lunch and I was fortunate enough to get a seat on the patio on a beautiful 80 degree April day. The food was great: I had a swordfish sandwich with grilled peppers and shallots with green beans and fries. Also, the price was right: I left paying less than $15.00 for the bill.

Visited April 2013

Nellysford, VA
“Creamy crab au gratin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Excellent food and service, surrounded by live fish and fish pictures. This is not Captain D's. The fresh and well-seasoned, and the ambiance is elegant. I ordered the crab au gratin and it was soft, buttery, and delicious. It is amazing that so fine a restaurant is tucked away on Rt. 10. Well done, chef.

• Visited March 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Not a chain - thank God! An Independent Oasis!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

First we were sent (by our hotel) to Logan's Roadhouse I think it was - a new place close to the Courtyard by Marriott. Noisy, long wait, peanut shells on the floor. Not for us A woman waiting directed us to Riptides - about a 6 miles drive through the dark (would we ever get there?) but oh what a lovely oasis when we found it. Busy but had a very generous drink at the bar, then a booth by the window and a huge portion of mahi mahi very nicely broiled with great sides and a good wine list by-the-glass. Very friendly staff (wife of the owner couple the warmest! and also our waiter - Crystal I think her name was). Exactly the kind of place we look for when dining after a long day's drive. Will be back, no question.

• Visited March 2013
Chester, Virginia
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I cannot understand why anyone thinks this place is good. My son and I had dinner here and we were not impressed. The decor is cheesy and the food is little and over priced. The taste wasn't bad, however want good food and cheaper pricing, go to Captain Tom's in Colonial Heights, that is worth the drive.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank dfromano
chesterfield, va
“Great Seafood & Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Love this place. It's got such a great selection and the prices are fair. We don't have many restuarants in Chester, near Ironbridge & Beach Road so this is in a great location. I love all the appetizers especially the crab balls! You can get almost anything your seafood heart desires. The service is good and it's a fun atmosphere whether you are on a date or with you family. I so look forward to the spring/summer when we can sit out on the patio and enjoy our dinner and a nice glass of wine. So glad that Riptides is in the neighborhood!!!!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Riptides? Share your experiences!