“Fresh seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great place for fresh seafood... Not the frozen heated up place.... First visit but not my last...sHe crab soup delicious, scallops over spinach & green fresh salad..good wine list. Bartender was great.. Will go back for more..

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stay away from the chain stores seafood places and visit Riptides when you are in the area. Great seafood on their menu. Nice large portions and always very fresh. All of the staff have been friendly and attentive when we dine there. We love the patio in the fall!! Great to place to meet with friends and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great seafood, very fresh and nicely prepared. Nice portions of really good seafood. I have always had seafood at this place so I am not sure about the rest of the menu. I have never been dissapointed yet at Riptides. This is my favorite restaurant in the chester area. I have taken customers to dinner here many times with no complaints only compliments.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

the old riptides wasn't good, but they completely turned this place around. great place to dine alfresco. homemade sangria is yummy. my husband and I have been here a 3 times now and each time the food and service has been exceptional.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Four of us visited for dinner on a Fri. and sat outside. Weather was great and the service was attentive and promptl. There were 4 of us and we ordered a total of 3 different entrees. We have literally been going there for years, even before the present owners who converted the ambiance from beach seafood to nice decor restaurant. Food used to be outstanding and the best seafood restaurant in the area. Now, where to start, Happy Hour ends at 6pm on Fri. and they now have some of the most expensive draft around. Over the last 3 months we have been in 3 times and each time the quality of the food has been worse Fried platters used to be lightly breaded and full of flavor and now are heavily breaded and greatly over cooked. The breading was so thick that I knew there was an oyster in only one of them. The shrimp was fried to a very hard and dark brown crust. The others had similar experiences. It tasted as if the food came from a club style store and they made it worse. They say all seafood is fresh so that makes it even worse The only reason I gave it a rating was the service. We will NOT be going back again.

2  Thank Thomas57598