“Diamond in the Rough”

Residence Inn Richmond Chester
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Our family has traveled on I-95 for many years to Hilton Head and Florida and never have we stayed at such a fantastic property on the road. The staff at the front desk were friendly and receptive to our needs.The two bedroom suite was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. It was very comfortable for 4 people and having 2 bathrooms was great.We were traveling with my son and his family and the staff put our rooms directly across from each other so the adults were able to gather in one room for dinner and the children were able to sleep.
We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and the spacious dining area.
There is no doubt in my mind that next year we will be stopping at this Residence both on our trip to and from Hilton Head. This property extended our vacation an extra day it did not feel like our stop before going home.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you are a Marriott Rewards Member.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Gold member and Met some of my expectations of a Residence Inn. Rooms clean, staff attentive at check in. I had a suite for four. The ac was loud but the other time I stayed here was not so maybe the room. My kids used the pools and my husband and I tried to use the fire pit, we even went to desk as it wasn't turning on. He said just leave button turned on and it will come on. It didn't because I didn't want it to blow up just in case it would turn on. Next morning got up early for the complementary breakfast as we were on our way that morning for our remaining trip.
There was nothing in those silver trays for 45 minutes after the opening time. Many people waiting. They had cereal but one small kids milk for that cereal. We could get coffee and a bagel.
It must have been that day as last time we stayed there everything was perfect.

1  Thank Jebr2010
Marc C, General Manager at Residence Inn Richmond Chester, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

I wanted to first Thank you for choosing the Residece Inn Chester for your lodging needs. Thank you for bringing these items to my attention. I have my maintinance man investigating why the fire pit will not turn on. I am also investigating why there was a delay with the breakfast. I hope your family enjoyed Myrtle beach and we hope to see your family again at the Residence Inn Chester

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed in two rooms (one bd. fireplace & 2 bd. suite) for 3 nights for a family gathering. It was great to have lots of room for cousins to have fun together. Super comfortable beds that were like sleeping on a marshmallow. Big swimming pool and fun sport court made the stay even better. There was an incident in a room down the hall from us in which a guest burned food, then opened the door to the hall to ventilate smoke, setting off smoke detectors & leading to a building evacuation. We were very concerned about a lingering smoke smell in the halls and also in our room. When we returned in the evening, the carpets had been shampooed and the smell was barely noticeable. The hotel staff didn't follow up with us or ask how they could help with any smoke impact (eg. Offering to pay to launder affected clothing, etc.) but in all other ways they were great. The breakfast was good, but all three mornings there was no waffle mix due to an apparent change of vendors. This is something that should have been rectified easily & quickly. Overall a great stay and we'll definitely be back (as long as they get their waffles up & running again!)

1  Thank MommyLovesToTravel15

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I truly apologize for the incident that happened during your stay. i can only imagine the inconvenience this was. I can reassure you that I have spoken to my team about procedures when such an event happens again. Also, I have spoken to our ventor and he apologized for the mishap. I will make sure moving forward that this will not happen again. Im looking forward to seeing your family again and I have a wonderful day

Reviewed August 15, 2014

As always a comfortable stay at a Residence Inn. What surprised us this time is how nice and courteous the staff was, especially the ladies at the breakfast bar. See, we were just one of 11 families that stayed there from our daughters soccer team and there were a lot of other teams staying there. Our girls had a light breakfast at 7 a.m. and then headed out to the tournament. Our team got back at 9:55 right as they were about to start putting all the food away. Instead this wonderful group of women decided to bring out fresh batches of food to feed our hungry again players. They stayed well past 11 a.m. and made sure all of our girls had plenty to eat. I must admit, some of the parents also had breakfast again :) Couldn't have asked for better staff. Thanks and you know we'll be staying there again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bellawatch

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. It brightens my day to hear that my team went above and beyond to make sure that you and your team was happy. I hope to see you and your team next tournament. Again, thank you so much and have a wonderful day

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a nice place. It is conveniently located, but somewhat isolated in a wooded area a short distance off the road. I liked most things about the property. The bathtub seemed somewhat slippery. The slippery part was noticed by the four of us staying there. I can't say that I have ever had this in recent memory.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel and sharing your experience with the Residence Inn Richmond Chester.

You indicated in your response that the bathtub was slippery. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. I can assure you that my team and I have taken the steps to make sure that is issue doesnt happen again.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Again, I want to thank you for for bringing this issue to my attention.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed in a 2BR, 2BA suite for one night. The front desk service was very kind and courteous. The room was clean and everything functioned well. Free wifi, 3 TVs, good sized bathrooms, comfortable beds, nice decor, etc. The pool & hot tub were clean. The outdoor area with the fire pit is a nice touch.

1  Thank crmunson98

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Richmond Chester was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Always great service and a comfortable stay here! It had been two years since being in the area and this hotel has been well cared for. The location us ideal for reaching either interstate and close to dinner options. The only place I will stay when traveling to Richmond.

Stayed: July 2014