“Okay Place”
Review of Days Inn Chester

Days Inn Chester
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The bathroom was filthy, specially the tub. Shower head would not adjust. The staff speaks little to no English. I was charge for a safe that I never used. The hotel is in a great area and it was not expensive, but it does need better management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Belkis V

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I asked twice to have a burnt out bulb replaced. While the room appeared clean, it was obvious that all maintenance in the past decade has been accomplished as cheaply as possible giving an overall appearance of being tired.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for ONE night during Thanksgiving 2012 and we were told that this hotel was pet friendly. So we brought our dogs to avoid kennel fees. We were staying here since the whole family came to town and we ended up having to stay at the house instead. What happened was they put us in a room next door to where the owner was living in. The next morning there is a man is lurking outside our room and we almost called the cops, thinking it was some bum or something. Turns out it was owner of the hotel and he said the dogs were barking all night, they weren't, and he also implied he was going to hurt the dogs if they were left there. He also tried to get up in my wife's face and I got in between and for a few minutes I thought it was going to get physical. I told him he needed to back off before I called the cops and he came back saying the sheriff was his drinking buddy. Needless to say we back into the room and started packing, went to the front desk and told the girl we were leaving. She asked why and we told her this man who claimed to be the owner threatened to kill our dogs and threatened police harassment. The real bad part is the credit card company refused to refund the charge because we stayed the night and the confrontation happened the next day. They did suggest we sue them but $120 wasn't worth. We were charge a separate dog fee for each dog as well. The front desk girl also admitted that the owner was her father. We lodged complaints with Days Inn's corporate office and they claimed they went there personally to talk with them but nothing ever came of it.

I warned all the consultants at my company about this location and I will never again stay at a Days Inn for the rest of my natural life. I'll sleep in the car or under a bridge first.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Quality Inn
Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Country Inn & Suites Chester
Fairfield Inn Richmond Chester

Been to Days Inn Chester? Share your experiences!