“Clean & comfortable-be sure you get breakfast”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean & comfortable-be sure you get breakfast”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Before stopping here, we checked Trip Advisor (of course) and found the poor/terrible reviews were all fairly old and the newer reviews were great. The newer reviews are right. The hotel has been renovated-the room and bed were clean and comfortable, the shower was great. The desk staff was friendly and helpful. The best part, however, was breakfast with Geraldine. The breakfast featured sausage, home fries, small cheese omelets, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, coffee, milk and juice, yogurt...you get the idea. Geraldine cheerfully greets everyone and makes sure you have everything you need or want. She keeps the breakfast room spotless and well supplied. The location was convenient for us as we had to be at the airport fairly early. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always like to start my reviews with the fact that I was an owner of a hotel software company. So I understand the hotel business and what goes into making a successful property.
Comfort Inns come in many shapes and sizes. From ones that you want to get out of the first hour you are in to ones like this property, which I would have to classify as a "5 STAR". I stayed here 2 weekends in a row. When I walk in I felt like a very welcome guest. Kayci ( believe it was spelled that way) was friendly and very helpful. I had an issue with my key working on the side entrance from the pool and she fixed it quickly. On her way out to go home, I had stopped by the front desk to get a plastci fork. The new front desk clerk ask if she could get me one before she left. She got me the fork with a cheerful attitude even though she was our way home.

The Chester Comfort Inn was the most immaculate ones I have ever stayed in. It's obvious there is a lot of pride amongst the staff. The rooms well appointed; a flat screen TV; nice carpet. Now if you want a hot steaming shower..... WOW it was hot and when I got out the steam was so thick you could barely see the mirror. It felt so good. The complimentary shampoo and conditioner were in the perfect amounts and you didn't have to squeeze the bottle forever to get enough out to use. Good coffee. The beds were the bed hotel beds I have ever slept in. I got the best night sleep I have had in a long time.

Now for the wrap up breakfast. They had a wide variety of foods sausage patties; eggs; home fries; cereal; fresh waffles; fruit; bagels; toast etc. But what Makes this breakfast so special is the women who works the breakfast area Geraldine (I hope I spelled her name right). She is what make that breakfast area. She owns that breakfast area and serves it with pride. The tables are spotless and the serving area. When there was problems with the waffle batter dispenser so she poured the batter herself and made the guests waffles. She greet everyone with a cheery smile and a good morning. She has been with the hotel management company there since the late 1990's Geraldine is a breath of fresh air in the morning. So make sure you treat her really good when you are there.

So if you have to pick a place to stop of of I95, the Comfort Inn at Chester, VA is the place to stop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank oda5261
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel . Staff was very nice. We had some problem with the wake up calls. The first day I had my cell phone as a back up. I checked with the front desk and they said the wake up call had come through 3 times with no answer.. They checked the phone while we were out and said it was working. The next morning, I set my cell phone 5 minutes earlier. The wake up call came through, but it was so soft, no one would have been woken up by it. Breakfast was good and Ms Geraldine was sweet and a very hard worker. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. However there was no safety strips and the bathtub and no safety bath mat. Usually when a hotel doesn't have one in a room, they have them at the front desk. All they had at the front desk was a very soft, cushy (wonderful) mat for putting on the floor outside the tub. I would thing safety would be more of a concern for them. I fell in the tub at a hotel across the street, only to find out later that they have mats at the front desk :-( Equipment in the exercise room worked fine. I had a little trouble printing from the computer in the office center, but that was quickly fixed. Wi-fi in room was fast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
virginia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Hung out with friends for the weekend, and i stayed at this hotel and i must say it was very nice. friendly staff, fresh baked cookies at front desk,comfy beds, room was very clean,the rooms have refrig,microwaves and coffemakers, but i have a problem with the coffeemaker being in the bathroom, so i removed it .they also serve breakfast, can't speak on it, i slept through that.this hotel is close to everything, a little construction going on but not a problem. But overall it was a very nice hotel and i will be staying there again to my many return visits to chester va.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank chinagirl709
Woodbourne, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The last time we were here, we were somewhat disappointed. Not this time! The rooms have been spruced up and made more comfortable. There are brand new flat screen TV sets. The wi-fi connections this time were faster and easier to get to. We're glad we stopped here this time, and will again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dorilee
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived after very long drive. Staff couldn't have been nicer. I have a hearing problem and was able to get closed captions on tv without any problem. That hasn't always been the case in other hotels. Often the staff hasn't been aware of how to turn captions on. Found room clean, and clean smelling. Breakfast was ready at 6 am for any early birds like me. There was even someone there to make waffles for you if you didn't know how to use the waffle maker.
Breakfast fresh with plenty of fruit and other breakfast foods. Will stop there again.

A snowbird.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Arline M
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed overnight while visiting my Uncle. We had a King bed which was comfortable. Room had refrig and microwave. Breakfast was good with many choices. Convenient location right off interstate. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family