“pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chester
warwick, United States
“pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

overall good experience with one glaring problem - the electrical outlet for the TV in the room had no face plate and the outlet box was not screwed into the wall receptacle. Thus the live electrical wires were completely exposed and could have provided a shack to anyone who touched them. I know as I got one. The TV itself was only partially plugged into the outlet - not far enough to complete the circuit and allow the set to be turned on. Unfortunately, the outlet was semi-hidden under a small piece of furniture. In an effort to plug in the TV, I got an electrical shock - not fun.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had been in the hospital for 2 weeks and when I was discharged was still weak from no sleep and other hospital irritations. My sweet wife was concerned that I may not make it up the steps because I was still weak. We decided to stay at this location not far from our house. I made the reservation on my Hampton Inn smart phone app. It was easy to use. When we arrived my wife went in to check in and get our keys. She was greeted by Melanie the front desk manager. My wife told her I had been in the hospital and she was so very nice. She sent a warm chocolate chip cookie that my wife brought out to the car and was told to help ourselves to more if we like. As my wife wheeled me into the hotel I was VERY impressed! The hotel and grounds were very clean and maintained, The air smelled clean and fresh and our room was cool and very clean. We had a microwave and fridge in our room and the layout was nice. The bathroom was clean, roomy, and big enough to get my walker in it. Needless to say we did have more cookies. We had planned to only spend one night but I slept so good we stayed one more day. The bed was VERY comfy!! The whole staff was so nice and when it was time to check out they were good enough to give me an extra hour so I could let my medicines kick in. I would recommend this Hampton to everyone including the handicapped. On check out my wife met the General Manager Wilber Flores and thanked him for a great experience. If ever we need a place close to home again this will be the place!!

Room Tip: This location only has 2 floors but all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bubbie1960
Broomall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The below comment applies ONLY to the woman that checked us IN on Sunday night. We drove straight through ( no stops) for 6 hours from PA and arrived around 10:30 PM. I had called and told the receptionist that we would be arriving late and was told there would be no issue. After we checked in, I asked the woman if there was anywhere in the hotel that we could buy some crackers or soda as we were exhausted and did not want to go back on the road to eat. She did not look up from the counter and she just replied "no". I was surprised and said, "you dont have any vending machines?" She again responded "no". I said, "We just drove 6 hours without stopping to eat - where is the closest place we can eat? She SULLENLY responded, "Go back out and make a right". I went back to the room and told my husband and son that we would had to leave the hotel to get something to eat. My son immediately said, "Mom, there are vending machines right near the front desk!" We left our room and went to the vending machines. After we purchased our snacks, I went over to the desk and said to the woman, "Why did you tell me there weren't any vending machines?" She glanced up from the desk - looked me right in the eye for about 10 seconds without saying anything and then just looked back down at the desk. I was too tired to report her to anyone at this point. I want it made clear; however, that the woman who checked us out on Monday morning (I think her name began with the letter "P" could not have been nicer- she was the complete OPPOSITE of the woman who was working Sunday night. She was kind and professional and ONLY because of her would I consider coming back to your hotel.

Siesta Key, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A very good choice for traveling South through Virginia, being easy to find off I-95 or the Interstate bypass around Richmond. The location, just beyond Richmond, made early morning departure a start with lower traffic volumes. Staff was helpful and facility was easy to use. Being able to make fresh waffles in the morning was a treat.

Room Tip: Third Floor was quiet and quite acceptable.
NC
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The beds are very comfortable, room is cozy. This room had two double beds, fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker . Good size bathroom and plenty of towels. The lobby is small but adequate. Hot breakfast bar is included. All staff were very friendly. I would stay here again.
Would like to have a vegetarian option for the omelets. Breakfast bar is a catered set up. fYI

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed here for a month-long business trip and I can attest that from my experience and speaking with others, Hampton Inn is truly the best hotel in Chester, VA. While it is not the biggest and newest hotel, the quality of the hotel and the integrity of all the staff is exceptional. They have gone out of their way to make my stay as easy as possible. The housekeeping staff does a fantastic job and the front desk managers are fantastic. I have had the pleasure of working with both Paulette and Wilbur, and they have gone out of their way to make sure that all guests are treated with the utmost respect and compassion. I always choose a Hampton Inn when I travel, as I believe that they do an exceptional job of providing customers with a clean and comfortable overnight experience. This Hampton Inn truly is one of the best I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Passed trhough on my way to florida with the ife and baby, stayed here one night, nothing fancy but for under 100 $ just what we expected. Clean, easy to get to, and the night manager was friendly and gracious. Would definitely stay again.