“Loved it so much....2 stays during the same week”

Hampton Inn Chester
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We were so tired, having traveled back and forth (due to a death in the family). The Hampton Inn in Hopewell, VA was completely booked, and the front desk personnel directed us to this location. I am very happy that she did. The front desk manager (Patty) was so nice and accommodating. She allowed us to check in early and even let me sample the fresh baked cookies before she put them out for the public. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Quality is definitely emphasized at this location. Actually, because this is a newer location, everything is clean and modern. It's located at the end of a cul-de-sac behind the Comfort Inn (actually they share the same sign....odd) but there are restaurants within walking distance. It is also has easy on/off access to I-95.

If you want to have a great rest, clean and modern rooms, exceptional extended breakfast buffet (variety of pastries, muffins, breads, juices, coffees, teas, cereals, make your own waffles, eggs, biscuits, and some really good sausage links), and great customer service to top it off (everyone was always helpful and friendly)....THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!

Room Tip: The King rooms are very spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed here on an overnight trip to Myrtle Beach from NY...Hotel was conveniently located off I-95 right next to a bunch of restaurants and shops. Room was clean and spacious although the beds could have been a bit softer. Kids went swimming at the outdoor pool right next door at the "sister" hotel, the Comfort Inn. The highlight was the staff - very friendly and nice. All in all a perfect place to hang your hat for the night!

Room Tip: Stop at a Virginia Visitor Center to get a coupon book - got a great discounted rate!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Rooms were immaculately clean and breakfast was great. Included large refrigerator, microwave, nice drawers, closet & coffee maker. .Glad we stayed here. Don't look at any other place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladymac221
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hampton always delivers quality rooms and hotel amenities at a reasonable rate but this particular location's free breakfast was way beyond standard complimentary breakfast fare. Not only were the usual items available, pastry, cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, yogurt, juices and coffee, but they had waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, grits (yuk) AND a bag breakfast if the traveler does not have time to assemble anything to go on their own that included an apple, granola bar, a small box of mints and a juice box. In addition, there were fresh baked cookies available all the time at the front desk, a nice treat when the weary traveler checks in.

Room Tip: Be a member of Hilton Honor's Club
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candy530324
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is a nice, a bit above average, Hampton for a very cheap price. It is best used as a stopping point on I-95. There are no frills, but it's worth the upgrade from a lower class hotel or a motel.

Room Tip: All rooms are relatively equal at this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FPodesta
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I travel to this area often for work and have stayed here often. Once I decided to try the other Hilton property across the street - Homewood Suites - and I like the Hampton Inn much, much better. I cannot say enough good things about the service here. Paulette, who is at the front desk during the day is like a ray of sunshine! She remembers me when I visit and is always so happy and cheerful. She really goes out of her way to be sure all guests are happy and cared for. My 2 top priorities for staying in a hotel are cleanliness and safety. I am a woman, so need to stay somewhere where I feel like I am safe. I have never questioned my safety at this hotel - not once. This hotel is spotless. I love to come here after a long day of working and take a hot bath. The tub is literally sparkling, so I actually can relax while taking my bath! I can be a bit of a germ-a-phobe, so for me to say that says a lot! Every time I leave my room, I notice people cleaning. They really work hard to be sure this hotel is clean and it does not go unnoticed. The breakfast is a wonderful treat. Yes, they have just about the same things every morning, but there is a lot to choose from. They have a waffle maker, danishes, cereals - hot and cold, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, english muffins and a different hot item every day (eggs, bacon, omelettes, etc.) . They also have hot tea and coffee 24/7, which is great! One morning, I grabbed my cup of coffee and I used all of the vanilla creamer. I drank my coffee in about 10 minutes and went to get another cup and lo and behold - there was a new supply of vanilla creamer. I didn't even notice anyone replensh it! The staff here is outstanding! I use the wi-fi every night and have never had an issue. The Homewood Suites across the street does not have wi-fi and is double the price of the Hampton Inn. On a final note - for the price, you cannot beat it. My corporate rate is $67 per night. For the service and amenities, I would expect to pay double this. This is quite a value! Thank you Hampton Inn for making my stays great!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tbanana
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed for one night and can't complain on anything.
We had two rooms,and they were both clean and with everything you need from a Hampton Inn-good breakfast and very good cookies:)
Will return next time we need a hotel in Chester.

• Stayed: March 2011