“Best Guacamole in Chesapeake”
Review of Plaza Azteca

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Plaza Azteca
Ranked #147 of 513 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had the table side Guacamole and I ordered a second just to take home. Great, friendly environment.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went last wek and had Camerones De Mar on a bed of rice, My new favorite dish. Don't be leery of trying things other then the usual Taco, Burrito combination plate. Your taste buds will thank you.

Other than the food teh restuarant is avergae but the food takes it a step up for me. easy to find off of Portsmouth Blvd. Seems to be clean and staff is mostly happy and helpful without bothering you too much while you are eating.....Cold beer too:)

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Plaza Azteca in Chesapeake has food that is at least very good. Sometimes it is excellent. I think that it depends on who is cooking that day. I like it best when it is spicy. This location and Norfolk are the only ones that I have tried. The Norfolk restaurant is not very good. The food didn't seem fresh. The limes were hard and nearly frozen. Eat at the Chesapeake restaurant. Try the tableside guacamole. It's great!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Plaza Azteca is our favorite Mexican restaurant and default place when we can't agree to where we'd like to go. Service is always good and very fast. They have good chips and salsa, and their guacamole (made at your table) is terrific. They have a varied menu which changes often. If you don't see what you'd like or you don't see something you've seen on a previous visit, ask for it - they'll get it for you! The Burrito San Jose (chicken, chorizo, etc) is huge and my favorite, always a great leftover. The a la carte menu is extensive and easy to make a great meal from. Booths are wide and deep, lots of room, and they can quickly put together tables for a larger party. Weekends can be pretty crowded, since they're very close I've never checked to see if they take reservations.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm always on the search for good Mexican food. Outside of the American Southwest, it's a little thin on the ground.
Plaza Azteca grabbed my attention in the Norfolk Airport, so we gave them a try.
The food was good.
The drinks were very good.
I would suggest that the restaurant have a greeter at the front desk, and our servers language skills can using some honing. All this will come in time. I see Plaza Azteca becoming our go-to Mexican restaurant when we come up to visit our sailor.