Worst hotel experience ever. Myself along with my wife and two children, checked in at 4:00 pm. Close to midnight the desk clerk attempted to enter our room unannounced with a master key. When I confronted him, He claimed he was checking to see if anyone was in the room. We had the morning clerk “who was very professional” to call general manager Peter at home to convey our problem; he stated he was on the way.
Peter finally arrived three hours later than his normal time. He stated he had checked in to it and the clerk came into our room because our credit card was denied and we would need to pay cash. We explained there was no reason for our credit card to be denied and ask if we could call our bank to find out the problem. Peter became very irate and stated at this point he could only accept cash and if we were afraid of the clerk entering our room we should have called the police!
The receipt for our cash payment only read the word cash and the amount, not our name, the hotel name or what we were paying for. We became suspicious and called our credit card company any way only to find out our credit card had not been denied! Hopefully the Candlewood Suites Company or the police will help with this awful situation.
Other than the night clerk scaring my family so bad it spoiled our entire vacation and the GM who condone and participated in this behavior. Our only other complaint was our non-smoking room reeked with cigarette smoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Chesapeake Suffolk - Hampton Roads Area VA.The Chesapeake Suffolk Hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Candlewood Suites Hotels. Specializing in your extended stay experience, the Candlewood Suites hotel is the perfect environment for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary & corporate housing needs.The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located at Exit 11 of I 664 near I 64, & I 264, and minutes from Portsmouth, Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk & Virginia Beach business & real estate districts. Our location offers easy access to Harbour View Commerce Park, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, SAIC, Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Mitre, Sysco JFCOM , US Coast Guard & the Newport News Navy Shipyard. The Candlewood Suites Hotel offers apartment-like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee applies) offers studio & one-bedroom apartment-like suites featuring fullyequipped kitchens, spacious living & work areas, TV w/ DVD players and free wired & wireless Internet access. Other features include a 24-hour business center w/ free Internet, print/fax/copy capabilities, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard w/grills & our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk Hotel Chesapeake
- Chesapeake Candlewood Suites