“Soooo Disappointed!”

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #96 of 500 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Soooo Disappointed!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The menu looked great. Selection looked great. Then it stopped. We gave our order. Much later, we got our salads. We had only taken 3-4 bites when the food arrived. Nothing was hot. The steak was ordered MW, but was so well done it was dry. The brisket-almost cold and smoky but otherwise tasteless. The ribs were so lean it was ridiculous. The grilled corn-canned not fresh. The broccoli, no seasoning. The service, well, lets just say, we didn't have much of it. The waiter was nice enough, but he was always delayed with everything. He was too busy watching the football game to wait on his tables. Then we guessed we should pay at the front because the waiter never came back to the table even though he was only 2 tables away-watching football! He even waved bye to us! So we walked to the front and were informed we should have paid the waiter. It's the first time in years I haven't left a tip.

• Visited September 2012

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Watch out for the coupons in the Sunday paper. 10$ off a 20+$ meal. Can't beat that.

Visited June 2012
currituck NC
“Glad you asked”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

What I like about Smokey Bones is the food, what I dislike is the noise level and the signs all over the place with the clever sexual innuendos. I can appreciate the food and service over any of these other props that corporate deems necessary in order to please "everyday Joe". Stop being so loud and cute...leave that sophomoric behavior to 19 years old girls. When I spend my money, I'd like to feel I've received a tasty value, not been jammed head first through an atmosphere that closer resembles all the things I'd rather forget back in my college days .

Visited July 2012
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Take Out Burgers”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

They were REALLY GOOD burgers. MMM...

but they were $23 for two of them!! -ha ha ha...oy!!!
(1/2 lbs cheddar/bacon sesame seed buns)

Stick with the BBQ and get what you pay for :)

Visited June 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“could possibly be my new favorite”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

They have the best Skillet corn bread.The ribs are fall off the bone and finger licking good.

Visited August 2011