“What a bright friendly place with delicious food and attentive staff”
Review of El Loro

El Loro
Ranked #26 of 503 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Norfolk, Virginia
“What a bright friendly place with delicious food and attentive staff”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Used an Entertainment Book coupon for a quick lunch before the theater and am really glad to have found this place. Nice, clean surroundings and delicious, fresh food for decent prices. Several large tables of happy people tells me it's a popular place.

My 1 chimichanga was stuffed full of tasty chicken with a plate of beans and toppings. My husband's burrito looked quite similiar and he enjoyed it equally. Chips were warm and salsa and white sauce didn't go unnoticed.

• Visited October 2013

Elizabeth City, NC
“I won't be back.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had the beef taco, beef enchilada, and beef tortilla. The meal was bland because the ground beef was tasteless. The only item that had appeal to it is the tomatillo sauce which has roasted tomato and smoky chipotle in it. I had to steal that from my hubby's dish to add flavor to my dish. The service was excellent though but I won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“My favorite Mexican place ♡”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been coming here for over 10 years and love this place. Food, drinks, and service are always spectacular. They know us by name. The owner's wife asks where the kids are if we come without them.

Visited August 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Wonderful as Always”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food is always amazing, and the staff is always pleasant. I will be returning again as soon as possible.

• Visited August 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Table Side Guacamole is Reason Enough to Visit”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We returned to El Loro and had a good meal. The table side Guacamole is the main reason we returned. I had the tamale and they were good but drenched in cheese and sauce. I do have a few places in California that I would love to just drive have a great meal and head home. Tamale's are hard to make in the first place and a restaurant should never resort to hiding the main dish with an underwhelming sauce and cheese.

• Visited August 2013