“Great service”

Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
boston,ma
“Great service”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Needed an overnight stay on our way to the outer banks since our flights arrived so late into Norfolk. This hotel was very easy to find off route 64. It is also located near numerous malls, restaurants and various conveniences. On the arrival, the staff were very warm , welcoming and friendly. They were always very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linglingma
Lori P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake and its staff. We hope to serve you and your family again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great room at a great price for Virginia Beach. We usually combine family and business while in VA. We stay close to the beach, but for a June week long stay the beach was too crowded, noisy and expensive. We moved inland just a bit for a bedroom suite with two very comfy queen size beds, good breakfast included and decent afternoon comp snack that could be dinner for a light eater. Longer stays will appreciate the washer and dryer downstairs included in the room price. Pool/spa and fitness center clean and comfortable. There is an outdoor BBQ area and an indoor movie room that will hold a dozen guests. Both are complementary, just reserve the space space and rent a movie to show. Nice perk for families or business. The rooms have high speed wifi that crawls, but is steady. The business center has three desktops, a printer and a fax for guests to use. The front desk is extremely efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was open to smokers so if you don't smoke stay on the bottom three. If you do smok...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GretaRoams
Lori P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Wow - what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for all the compliments about our property. We're glad that you and your family had a good time while visiting our area. We hope that the next time you visit, you will stay with us again!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here while visiting Norfolk. Clean property, nice pool and hot tub. We asked for a room with a king bed and were sent instead to one with a double. When we returned to the desk, the staff was extremely friendly, and quickly accommodated us with a new room...a 2-room suite with a king bed. Near the Greenbrier Mall, so lots of chain food choices close by, and an easy drive to downtown Norfolk.

Breakfast was included, and selection was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your review and for the nice comments about the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake! I'm so glad to hear that our front desk staff was friendly and accommodating to your room type request. Thank you as well for the compliments on our housekeeping and indoor pool/hot tub. We hope that you return should you visit our area again!
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 3wks during our last military pcs. Location was great if your looking for a home in the chesapeake area. Close to all restaurants, grocery, mall, target, etc. Also easy to find (right of the interstate). Front desk staff and maid service was very friendly and helpful. However, the room cleanings were lacking! They would switch out towels and give you a new trash bag only if they could get away with it. I never felt like my room was getting a good clean. Only other complaint would be noise! Walls very thin and you can hear everything. We were next to the staff break room and it sounded like a party every morning! Beds were very comfy and kitchenette was nice. Rooms nicely decorated with modern amenities. Indoor pool, hot tub and work out room were also nice. The best thing was free laundry room! Breakfast and dinner buffet was good with several options. Loved the coffee!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank BrowneyedSouthernbel
Lori P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your family's stay. It's great to read all of the positive things that made your family's relocation process more like home during those 3 weeks with us. I'm sorry to hear that there were some opportunities for improvement with getting fresh towels and garbage bags, as well as with hearing our staff gearing up for work in the mornings. As with all Staybridge Suites, the hotel offers a full clean once a week and light touch housekeeping all other days. I would welcome you to contact me at lparker@sbschesapeake.com or 757-217-9005 so I can gather more information about what transpired with the housekeeping items. Additional information will help us better target how to improve. Thank you again for the feedback and for staying with us!
Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you're ever in the Chesapeake area this is your stop. This is a very intimate, family friendly venue with an incredible staff. It felt exactly like visiting family and as a disabled traveler I could not have asked for more. The suites are meticulously clean and well stocked I enjoyed this thoroughly

Room Tip: Suites are best if you like privacy
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank zowadi
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I rarely write reviews but I have been so pleased with the two times I have stayed here that I felt it deserved a review. I stay in a lot of hotels and I have never been to a hotel where EVERYONE is so nice. The staff is so accommodating and is there to please the guesst. What I like most about the hotel is the movie theatre. Both times we have stayed, we have rented out the theatre and watched a movie. The staff makes popcorn and you get the theatre to yourself. It is great!! This is one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dee23831
Connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions I visit the VA Beach area a couple times a year & I usually stay here at first I LOVED THIS HOTEL but the last 2 times I've stayed here it was HORRIBLE the rooms weren't as clean as they should have been I found water bottles under the pull out bed in the living room the furniture is stained & worn my nephew who was 11 at the time refused to sleep on the pull out because the mattress was so stained and when I asked for a new one I was told the hotel was booked and there wasn't another in the hotel then I was told that they would go into another room where no one was Checked into yet & switch them out the kitchen sink was clogged
upon check in the comforter on the bed had toothpaste on it from previous guest when I asked for a clean one I was told there was none in the entire hotel & that they would just wash mine & return it needless to say It's a Good thing we don't go to bed fairly early as it was late in the evening already I just don't understand how a hotel doesn't have any backup supplies for mishaps I worked at a smaller hotel & our guest never ran into any of the problems that I ran into here as far as extra mattresses & comforters the last straw for me though was my last visit when I invited my parents with me when they seen the website they were excited to come stay there they weren't even gonna stop in va but I raved so much about your hotel they decided to try it they were VERY DISAPPOINTED as was I the wonderful breakfast I raved about was terrible and not clean & when my mom asked a staff for help she was told I don't work in here as opposed to saying one minute I will get someone to help you I can go on but I think you get my point needless to say until this hotel shapes up I will not stay here ever again the Marriott next door will get my business from here on out & it sucks because you have so much more to offer than they do but I've stayed there because I was no longer happy with your establishment & I'd rather have a clean room & hotel than a dirty hotel & a dirty Free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jae23
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Jae23,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D