“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The exterior was well lit and maintained. The interior is also nicely put together and appears to be fairly new.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. My room was warm, well put together, and exceeded my expectations. The bed slept very well.
The hotel also has a nice exercise room with multiple cardio machines and free weights.
I also had one of my best complimentary breakfasts complete with fresh fruit
I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hrearding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Chesapeake for a family trip. What a great hotel. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for us. The fact that there were 3 tvs kept peace in the valley, and the breakfasts and nightly receptions helped us save money. The staff was very attentive to our needs and the rooms were clean and well-kept. Will definitely stay again since we didn't get to see and do everything in the Virginia Beach area on this trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Clsikes
York County PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

No ice machines on our floor. Very wet in hallway outside pool area - my daughter fell - need rubber mats! Too much cover up spray in halls and elevator. Breakfast was hotel average....but don't wait till last minute, they put it away quickly. Lots of kids running from pool to rooms without adult supervision. Otherwise everything ok, clean, and staff was nice. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Away from stairway doors - especially on second floor above the pool area, almost constant running...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Trippinoma
Lori P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and suggestions for improvement. We are glad that you will stay with us again! Staybridge Suites hotels do not have ice machines on the floors, as all guest rooms have full size refrigerators with ice makers; our property also has bagged ice for sale in our convenience store. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter slipped in the pool area - we try our best to keep the floors outside of the pool area as dry as possible. Rubber mats could be a nice solution & we will look into that or other solutions. Thank you for staying with us & we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel was fabulous! Upon arrival the check in staff was extremely friendly and provided us bottled water and snacks for being IHG members. I also have to comment of the smell of the hotel. This hotel smelled so nice and clean! The room was well appointed and clean. the suites here are smaller than some of the competitors but it was cozy and sufficient. This is something I'm willing to overlook for the perks. This hotel has a nice sized breakfast buffet every morning (and it was delicious), a theater room and FREE washer and dryer usage. You can't beat that with a stick! During the week they also have serve dinner. The hotel is located in a convenient area with restaurants etc nearby. We stayed here to save money as VA Beach was our main attraction. The drive was about 15-20 minutes ( easy drive) and the washer and dryer really came in handy to wash our beach towels and bathing suits. My only complaints were that our room was never serviced even after removing the door magnets but we asked for more linens and they were happy to assist. The only other was that the walls seem so thin. While in the bathroom you can hear people moving around in the neighboring room's bathroom. It was weird. Also in the living room, the hallway noise came through loud and clear but honestly, there were no issues in the bedroom. It seems to be situated nicely so that the noise is avoided. Whatever issues we had, they were small and could be overlooked. I am very happy with my choice and I will surely stay here again! We normally stay at a competitor suite style hotel but Staybridge has added perks that can't be beat! I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vanessa T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was actually a bang for your buck! The breakfast had an abundance of variety! Free washer and dryer! My daughter didn't feel well one night and they actually had medicine at the front! This hotel is very family orientated ! They don't do room service on the weekends just change your towels. The hotel was nice. This is a pet friendly hotel my room was on the 1st floor so I didn't have to deal with some of the mangy mutts and I know there was a couple of them!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kpeters11
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed in the 1 bedroom suite this weekend. Overall, I loved this property!! Check in was fast despite the hotel selling out the night before. We were able to check in at 3pm. The hiccups: the frig in the room was not working (no ice either) and this was one main reason for us choosing the hotel. The staff gave us access to the main kitchen. As a result, we had plenty of ice and luckily we had a cooler to keep everything cool. Because of the inconvience the hotel offered us 30% off the room. Another hiccup, the towels in the pool area were limited and by 7p no more towels near the pool were available. The grill/patio is *seats about 12-16* a great asset. I definitely enjoyed that. The home theater *seats 9* was very nice! The breakfast was yummy as well. Again, I was thoroughly pleased. Beds were comfy too! No oven in room only 2 eyed stove top, and microwave. Definitely will stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank cherrypie757
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent a very enjoyable weekend for our large group at the Staybridge. We used the theater room for a movie night for the kids while the parents socialized in the adjacent lobby area. Little kiddo swam in the pool daily - great indoor pool with lots of windows. Perfect on a too-hot-to-be-outside day!

Our room was 139 - right next to the guest laundry room/pool/fitness area. It was very busy in the hallway, but it didn't disturb our sleep at all. The bedroom has a thick door separating it from the kitchenette and tv area, and the bathroom is next to the hallway, which means the bedroom is nicely set off from hall traffic. Beds were very comfortable with 4 nice, squishy pillows each. TV in the bedroom too.

The kitchenette comes with nice extras like a water pitcher, dish soap and dish towels. Breakfast went very well - they work hard to keep everything replenished. Plenty of free parking and the location is right off the interstate. Nice shopping centers nearby for anything you could want. Best feature of this hotel is the staff - everyone has a smile and a friendly greeting. I'm glad I found this hotel chain - I'll look for one when we're on the road again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family