“Everything I could ask for”

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Washington DC
“Everything I could ask for”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent a very enjoyable weekend for our large group at the Staybridge. We used the theater room for a movie night for the kids while the parents socialized in the adjacent lobby area. Little kiddo swam in the pool daily - great indoor pool with lots of windows. Perfect on a too-hot-to-be-outside day!

Our room was 139 - right next to the guest laundry room/pool/fitness area. It was very busy in the hallway, but it didn't disturb our sleep at all. The bedroom has a thick door separating it from the kitchenette and tv area, and the bathroom is next to the hallway, which means the bedroom is nicely set off from hall traffic. Beds were very comfortable with 4 nice, squishy pillows each. TV in the bedroom too.

The kitchenette comes with nice extras like a water pitcher, dish soap and dish towels. Breakfast went very well - they work hard to keep everything replenished. Plenty of free parking and the location is right off the interstate. Nice shopping centers nearby for anything you could want. Best feature of this hotel is the staff - everyone has a smile and a friendly greeting. I'm glad I found this hotel chain - I'll look for one when we're on the road again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NotALostWanderer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. An indoor pool, family-style movie room, laundry facility, a small gym, and business center is available. They serve a small continental breakfast consisting of cereal, fresh waffles, bagels, muffins, and bread with condiments, some seasonal fresh fruits, cottage cheese, coffee and juice. My only complaint was that the kitchenette floor needed a fresh mop as it was sticky on my shoes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sabrina S
Lori P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for the feedback on the kitchenette's floor. We hope to serve you again in the near future!
Benwood, WV
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family of 5 adults and a child stayed here July 5th while heading to the Outer Banks. From the moment we walked thru the front door until the time we left the next morning we were always greeted with a.hello and a smile from all the staff. We were in a 2 bedroom suite and the rooms and bathrooms were very cleaned. The breakfast bar on Saturday was wonderful with a large selection and it was always filled when it was getting low on food. My wife and I will always look for Staybridge Hotels when we travel. Thanks for the Virginia Hospitality . See you again next year same time same place!!!

Room Tip: Give this place 1 try and you will never look for another hotel to stay in when traveling thru Chesa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheRoses
Thank you for deciding to stay with us on your way to the Outer Banks and for the wonderful comments! We look forward to seeing you next July!
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very good hotel. Had a very comfortable stay. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night dinner with all you can drink beer and wine was a plus. Morning breakfast was good. Very convenient for being on the go. Amenities such as the laundry room, gym, and swimming pool was in good conditions and easily accessible. Fully furnished kitchen was very useful. Business center was convenient. Conveniently located near shops, restaurants, gas stations, rental car, and easy access to freeway. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The front desk service was outstanding along with management. The customer service and support by Cindy, Marcia and Jenny really stood out and made my stay at this hotel comfortable. I would highly recommend this place for those looking for a hotel to stay at in the Chesapeake, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and other cities nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for all of the positive feedback on our hotel! I will pass along your praises to Marcia, Cindy & Jenny. We hope you will return soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

A very nice hotel.. I advise not to book on-line because it becomes unrefundable.
Hotel was very nice. Complimentary full breakfast each day.. Kitchenette was very good. I cooked dinner one night and had someone knocking on my door asking what I was cooking.
My only issue is that the hotel gives complimentary drinks Monday -Thursday. It should be offered everyday..

A great place!!!! Staff was nice and friendly and very helpful

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Delicia M
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for spending some vacation time with us at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I am glad to hear that you found the employees friendly and helpful and that we offer the kind of amenities you look for when traveling. Please join us again the next time you need a quick get away to relax and unwind in a warm, welcoming environment!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very comfortable experience. I stayed approx. two months at this hotel. The location was great for me to get to the Norfolk Naval Shipyard (25 - 30 min drive no traffic). The highway is right in front of the hotel. The location of the hotel is great for shopping (clothes or food). The major chain restaurants are less than a mile away. The grocery stores are about a mile or two away and the walmart and costco are within 5 miles. There is a movie theatre within a mile or two from the hotel. Also, there is a barber within a mile located in the shopping strip mall area.

To get to most of the shopping areas you just make a left on the main street and cross over the overpass and you will see the stores on the right hand side.

Gas station (WAWA) is right across from the hotel. I don't think the hotel had an ATM.

There are several pizza places and chinese restaurants that deliver directly to the hotel room.

The hotel will bill your credit card every two or three weeks to clear your balance.

The hotel is very comfortable with the longe area or teh small reading area. There is a video viewing room that has nice chairs, but I did not inquire about how the viewing room works. I would assume you bring your own DVD to play in teh room.

The pool is not an olympic pool, but it is a nice size.

The computer room has two or three computers with printers for free.

Two Washers and Two Dryers are on the first floor near the pool. They are free and are the only washers and dryers in the hotel. Early morning or late at night seemed to be the best times to wash clothes.

The room has a flat screen TV in the living room and the bed room. The room is stocked with plates, pans, pots, forks, spoons, knives and a few glass bowls with lids to store items in the fridge. There is a full size refrigerator with an ice maker.

Wireless and wired internet are available for free. If you're staying for a long time (over a month) the passwiord for the wireless does change. Contact the front desk and they will give you the new wireless password.

The access cards for the room did malfunction often. I made several trips to the front desk during my stay to get a new room card. The cards are very sensitive to being near cell phones and credit cards.

Your room will get a full cleaning on the weekend. During the week, they will make the bed, bring new towels and freshen up the room. Some of the ladies will do your dishes left in the sink during the week. The staff is very friendly.

The breakfast in the morning is the same every morning and is as follows:
Waffles
Scrambled Eggs & Boiled Eggs
Pork Sausage (one morning they had turkey bacon or sausage)
Pork Bacon
Biscuits, Grits, Biscuit Gravy, Fruit, Bagels, Muffins, Toast
Orange Juice & Cranberry Juice
Soda, Coffee and tea

Breakfast can get crowded during the weekend, but during the weekdays most people grab something and run off to work. They do provide small bags for your small breakfast items.

During the dinner there are small finger food items. The taco night was probably the big night. The dinner food does run out fast. Food would usually run out an hour before the scheduled end time. When the dinner food runs out they will put out an alternate item (chicken nuggets or something similar). There is unlimited beer and wine. Some guests brought there own big cups to fill up on the beer. The beer and wine is located behind the front desk and the employees will pour the alcohol.

Hotel is located approxiamtely 1 hour from the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

Hotel is approx. 25 min from virginia beach boardwalk if you take the highway.

Hotel is approx 1.5 hours from the Wright Brothers Museum in North Carolina

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank CameronAvant
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed and thorough review of your experience at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I am delighted that we were able to host you for an extended period of time and that you found your surroundings to be comfortable and welcoming. I too feel that we are ideally situated with many options very close by for dinning, shopping and entertainment. Our convenience to other cities such as Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth also add to the wonderful things that our hotel has to offer. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Staybridge Suites accommodated our large group very last minute. I spoke with Lori who could not have been more helpful organizing our trip. I wish I had gotten the names of the front desk staff that worked while we were there. They were so fabulous, helpful and friendly!! We did have a few tiny issues, nothing even worth speaking of, and let me tell you, they were handled immediately, professionally, and generously. The staff here is top notch, every small business should be lucky enougt to have employees like these!! As far as the rooms go, they were clean, comfy and very well kept.
We needed to leave very early for our competition, about an hour before breakfast, and the staff made sure to have some things out for our girls so they could have a little breakfast before we started our day ;) now THAT is going above and beyond!!
I will ABSOLUTLY be returning to this hotel and as a travel agent, I will highly recommend it! Thank you Lori, and the entire team for making our stay a fabulous weekend for our Maximum Cheer team.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jenniferchic
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
It was certainly a pleasure to host you and the wonderful Maximum cheer team back in April! I am delighted that Lori was able to work with you on such short notice to fulfill your needs and meet the expectations you set forth for what I'm sure was an important event. Our team at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake takes great pride in providing exceptional service to all of our guests to ensure their return to our property whenever they are near. We all appreciate you joining us and look forward to seeing you again for the next competition!