“I love this hotel!”

Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am constantly traveling and it is hard to find a hotel where they make u feel right at home. Let me tell u from the time I walked in JaJuan Mosby at the front desk was AMAZING. He was beyond friendly and very attentive to myself and my guest. He quickly checked us in and from that point on he impressed us everytime we walked into the lobby. The entire staff was so friendly and the hotel itself was very clean and cozy. I also must let you know about one more person who went beyond to make my stay wonderful...Mrs Jackie Jamison was so wonderful and made us feel so welcome. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here everytime I come to VA.

• Stayed January 2013
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake and for recognizing Jajuan and Jackie. They are both wonderful employees and overall just great people. It is through their efforts of outstanding customer service that make us successful. Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This particular location is exceptionally well run by a staff who actually seems to care about their customers. First impressions are important! While I don't typically single any one person out in my reviews, the warm and welcome feeling given at check-in by Claire was one of the best check-in experiences ever. Their handling of the customer is anything but typical and routine. It seems they treat each customer as though they care? Apparently, they do! Her attentive and cheerful attitude set the tone for the entire stay, which was absolutely perfect. I was given a clean, well kept suite in a quiet alcove of a floor that did not need anything to bring it up to speed. The location was close to everything, with plenty of parking always available. Across the street is a Wawa with every convenience essentially steps away, and every other retail outlet imaginable, at the area's largest Mall is just across the Interstate. Breakfast was varied and all items were indeed flavorful and very edible. With only a few days exposure to this facility, my only complaint about the stay is that it was too short.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake and for sharing your positive experience with others. Clair is not only a wonderful manager, but an extremely hospitable professional who truly values service and the role it plays in the guest experience. I appreciate you providing insight to others in regard to the intangible benefits that our guests can experience while staying at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I do hope we have an opportunity to host you again the next time your travels bring you to Virginia!
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We've stayed in MANY hotels, and this one is so totally friendly, clean, and competent. Every person that works there that we met was very friendly and accommodating. It's very clean, the breakfast very yummy, and the location is convenient to get to all the surrounding cities. While visiting relatives in Chesapeake, I'll stay here again! The pool and hot tub were very clean as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words in regard to a recent stay at the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and plan to return when visiting family. We consider our guests family while they are here and it is always wonderful to grow and expand our family of guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites when your travels bring you to Chesapeake!
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had to rent a hotel suite due to damage to our home and was looking for somewhere nice. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is nice, but the clientail that it attracts is a real problem. This evening there was a fight in the hall way, last night there was loud talking from drunks walking down the hallway all night. This is not a place to stay if you have to get up and go to work every day.

Room Tip: if you want piece and quiet this is not the place, the doors let every sound in the rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I would first like to thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake for your most recent lodging needs. I must also apologize for any disturbance you may have experienced during your stay. Please reach out to me directly at 757-420-2525 so I may have an opportunity to either resolve or provide further assistance in regard to this matter. Thank you.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am always on the road traveling with my job and love staying at Staybridge Suites no matter where I go. This was my very first time at the Stabridge Suites in Chesapeake, VA and needless to say, my six month stay here was "phenomenal." The staff at this location was beyond kind/helpful in everyway possible. I was SO pleased with my stay here that I must give recongnition to each individual that played a part in making me feel at home. The following staff members are: Damon Strickland, JaJuan, Marcia, Cindy, Alecia, Mrs. Jackie, Khiera and last but not least Mr. Thomas. I truly thank everyone I have mentioned for your service. Also, I want anyone who reads this review to know that the staff at this location gives true meaning to the word "professionals." If you ever have to stay at a hotel in Chesapeake (long or short)...THIS IS THE PLACE! Once again, thank you and best regards to all!!! Ms. Shaika Sanchez

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shaika0412
Ms. Sanchez- It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest over the past six months. It is great to know that you felt comfortable and welcome in our hotel "home away from home." I especially enjoy getting feedback in regard to our employees and their impact on the guest experience. It is a pleasure to work with such hospitable professionals who are attentive and kind in service. Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake! We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you to the area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very pretty and centrally located and convenient to all.
We stayed in a 2 br suite, which was very spacious and nicely decorated.

The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast buffet and evening snacks were plentiful.

The pool area was very nice and we enjoyed it a lot.

The highlight of this hotel, however, is the extremely courteous and friendly staff. Every single person we encountered on our three night stay was wonderful. We had two minor issues in our room that needed to be addressed and as soon as I called, someone was there in minutes to take care of it.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the array of amenities that our hotel provides. I am also pleased that you recognize our most important asset of the hotel which is the professional and hospitable employees that service our guests. I look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake!
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My reservation was on 12-14-2012 a week before my anticipated trip and was told that I am not in the system. Cindy was the front desk representative and really took her time to see why my reservation didn't show up, she and I talked about how I can find the best rate for staying and we were able to come up with a very comparable rate since the rate had increased from a week ago. I was in a panic and she really assured me that all will be ok. I trusted her totally!

12-21-2012, I checked in and talked w/Marica , she had a very friendly welcome, a nice smile and read ALL of the detailed notes that Cindy entered for me and there was not a single problem with our check in.

The hotel was CLEAN, and it was very nice, spacious and I loved the free hot breakfast/wi-fi/parking. Everything was close to where I had several events. I never stayed at the Stay Bridge before but will each time. The rate that I paid was more than what Marriott which was next door cost but it was well worth it. The service, the smiles and the amenities.

Room Tip: Since this was a smoking building, you could still smell the smoke in the stairwells and also the ha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Staybridge Suites, Chesapeake. You mentioned two very important people who make our hotel successful in Cindy and Marcia. They are true hospitality professionals and will do everything possible to ensure our guests complete and utter satisfaction. We pride ourselves in the very things you took notice of which are cleanliness and service. None of which can be accomplished without the support of outstanding employees and a sense of teamwork and pride in what they do each and everyday. Thank you again for noticing! We live for this stuff! If you need another get away please keep the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake in mind!