“Terrific” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Lake City, Florida
“Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've only stayed at a handful of extended stay facilities on my numerous trips and this one sets the standard. Everything about this Staybridge is top notch. I had a one bedroom suite for my two weeks here and couldn't have been happier. I worked various shifts and having the separate bedroom door makes it perfect for sleeping during the day. The curtains are nice and thick and for all I knew it was always midnight in my room. It's very quiet and has just about everything to make it your home away from home. Refrigerator, double cooktop stove, microwave, dishwasher, bowls & utensils. etc...it's all there.

My suite had two 32 inch flat screens, two dressers, a couch and loveseat and also chairs at the island type dining area. It's a great setup and when I'm cooped up in a 10x15 hotel room, I sure miss these types of extended stays.

The internet is solid with nice downloading speeds, there's a good TV channel selection, parking is aplenty and the fitness center won't let you down either. Staybridge Suites offer evening socials on Tuesday-Thursday evenings and this is a really nice touch if you're busy or just can't get out to eat somewhere. A sample menu might include barbecue sandwiches on Tuesday, a taco bar on Wednesday and chicken wings on Thursday. This is served usually with salad and beverages are also available. Easy to get spoiled here for sure.

Overall a great stay in a good location that's convenient and close to pretty much anything you need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake! It is always a pleasure to get feedback from seasoned travelers such as yourself on how well we are meeting the needs of our valued guests. We continuously strive to provide the ammenities and services that we feel our guests will enjoy and hopefully give them the comforts of a home away from home. The biggest component for the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake is by far the gracious and hospitable nature of our team members. They genuinely care about our guests and ensure that their stay exceeds expectation in order to make loyal friends who continue to choose us again and again anytime their travels bring them to the Tidewater area. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the Staybridge Suites real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kaysville, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at your hotel for my brothers retirement, along with my family. Your staff was absolutely wonderful, friendly, caring and willing to go out of their way to be sure our stay was most enjoyable. They even made it possible to view our Notre Dame game in the movie room as a family. It was the perfect ending to celebrate my brothers 23 years of service to the US Navy and it was made possible by your staff.
The room was fabulous as was the food.
When I come to town again I will be back.
Susan

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Congratulations to your brother and his 23 years of dedicated service to our country! Being in this area we are extremely proud of our Navy men and women along with all military members who serve. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy this time with him and celebrate together as a family. It sounds as though you were also able to enjoy another Irish victory from the comforts of our Theatre Room. It is always nice to hear back from our guests about their experience and get feedback about our staff and ammenities. Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Chesapeake! Go IRISH!
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is fantastic! I stay in the Norfolk/Chesapeake/VA Beach area every other week, and just stayed here for the first time. I will never stay anywhere else. The location is great with tons of shopping and restaurants in close proximity.

Check In: Very fast, greeted as a rewards member, given complimentary trail mix and water for my wife and me.

Lobby: Very clean and open. There is a large den area with a fireplace and a flat screen, which doubles as the dining area.

Staff: Everyone from the front desk staff to the maintenance people were spectacular. Very kind and extremely knowledgeable about the area

Food: Included with your room is a daily breakfast with a waffle maker (my favorite), fresh fruit, cereal, donuts, bagels, juices, eggs, meat and milk. Tuesday through Thursday night, they provide a complimentary dinner with draft beer and wine. It was pizza night when I went, and it was so good!

Amenities: Movie room that you can rent out for two hours at a time, with comfortable seating and a popcorn machine. The front desk has a selection of movies, of you do not have your own. Very nice business center with internet access, three computers, and three printers with scan and fax capabilities. One of the nicer weight rooms that I have seen in a hotel, with dumbbells up to 50 lbs., treadmills, elliptical, stationary bike, and pulley machine. Beautiful indoor pool and hot tub. FREE laundry room!

Room: Very clean with a separate living room and full kitchenette. Large fridge, stove top, sink, microwave and a dishwasher in the room. The bathroom was clean, but the tub had a bunch of water in it with the plug down when we got there (should've been picked up by room service in my opinion). One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, and a large variety of pillow types.

The only downfall to this hotel is that it is a little difficult to navigate to the front check in area from the main rd. It is hidden behind the Hampton Inn.

As I stated before, I will not stay anywhere else from here on out when I go into the Norfolk area. Management at this hotel has done a great job at getting it right, and they have surrounded themselves with a great staff.

Room Tip: Third floor was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Wow! I am thrilled that we have become your top lodging choice when visiting the Norfolk/Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area! I am delighted that you had an opportunity to interact with members of our wonderful team. You are absolutely right, this is a great staff! The hospitality and genuine caring of the entire Staybridge Suites Chesapeake team are what truly make this a great hotel. It also makes it so much more than a hotel as many treat it like their home. Please continue to share your experience and we look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you this way. Thanks again!
Central
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are beautiful; the stay is welcoming! Our stay at this hotel was like a breath of fresh air after staying at an Extended Stay down the street. The desk clerk, Cindy, welcomed us like we were family. She took me up to see my room and made sure I was satisfied before taking my reservation. She told me about all the hotel's amenities. No question was too trivial for her or her staff. Even the housekeeping staff was welcoming and always pleasant. The room was beautiful, the beds were comfortable. This hotel will be my first choice whenever I returned to Chesapeake. VA.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake with others. It is always great to hear that your family feels a part of our family as we strive on a daily basis to create that warm, relaxed atmosphere that allows are guests to unwind and enjoy the ammenities that we offer. We certainly hope that you will again return to be greeted once again as a member of the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake family!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place is amazing. Board games, work out and laundry facility, gym, a spa, a pool, lemon infused water upon arrival, fresh fruit and an extremely helpful staff. Very very clean building. Five stars is not enough. I LOVE this place This is our second visit and I cant wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Wonderful view of the lake out back.
1 Thank K W
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for the review. We are delighted that you continue to choose the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake as your home away from home. Our family of employees certainly feels that way and strives everyday to create an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality so our guests can relax and enjoy everything we have to offer. Thanks for noticing the cleanliness as well. We have a fabulous team of housekeepers who take great pride in everything they do and it certainly shows. Keep us in mind the next time you need to relax, unwind and enjoy great Virginia hospitality!
Queens, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

A pleasant hotel to stay at when in the Chesapeake, VA area. It is a well kept property with friendly staff. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The bed is comfty and the towels aren't paper thin. The kitchenette is perfect for those that just want to be self sufficent while traveling. Free wifi in the room is always a plus, especially when it's capable of maintaining high speeds for downloads. The breakfast is just right...enough choices to get your day started by filling your belly with something good. The indoor pool is nice and they have a jacuzzi if you want to unwind. You really can't go wrong with choosing this property...unless you realize you forgot your IPad charger in your room after checking out (but I won't gig them for my misfortune).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BrothaAbroad
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for the kind words in regard to a recent stay at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake. I am pleased to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy the ammenities we offer our guest that are all included in the room rate such as free wifi, a great delicious breakfast to get you started and a wonderful indoor pool and jacuzzi to help you unwind and relax. If you have a moment, I would like to determine if we were able to locate your ipad charger. Please reach out to the hotel at 757-420-2525. Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs at the Staybridge Suites Chesapeake!
Bedford, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

While coming to VA to move my daughter, husband and newborn with 2 dogs back to IN, I must say that in all the hotels i have stayed through my many years of travels....this hotel has been second to none!!!!! From reservations to check out...ALL staff have been fabulous, the accomodations extremely clean and comfortable etc. I will not only use this chain again, but will highly recommend it to all my friends. I have already been texting them on how great the facility and staff have been.
The pool and hot tub were much appreciated in relaxing the aching muscles after loading a moving van and hours of cleaning in preparation for departure.
I know I can speak for all of us....Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the wonderful hospitality and experience. THE ENTIRE STAFF DESERVE PRAISE AND THEN SOME FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK AND EFFORTS!!!! Words can not begin to express their dedication to duty....and their genuine kindness to their guests....they make you feel special and appreciated...

Room Tip: with a newborn and 2 pets, I should have requested a first floor room. It would have been easier fo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Claudia A
Dstrick9, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and staff! We do put a lot of effort into making our guests feel relaxed and at home. To us, you are a part of the family and hopefully the hospitality reflects that warmth. I am delighted that we were able to provide everything you needed during a pretty big transition for you and your family. Thank you as well for sharing your experience and letting others know that whenever your travels bring you to Chesapeake your hotel of choice is the Staybridge Suites!