“A Real Bargain,Very Clean and comfortable!”

Wingate by Wyndham Chesapeake
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We got this at the stay 3 night discount rate which worked out to $64 a night.The room was very comfortable and clean.The breakfast area was well stocked and very clean.At this rate it was a steal!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OverTheUnder
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Chesapeake

Reviewed October 5, 2008

The hotel was in a good location. The rooms were clean but outdated. The mattress was uncomfortable. The breakfast was included but was minimal. The pool and exercise room were nice. The staff was not friendly but they were quick. The room size was larger than expected. The free internet was great. The only thing that wound keep me from returning here wound be the mattress. I had a hard time staying asleep on it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We recently vacationed in OBX with family. We always split up the 9 hour drive and stay in Cape Charles. After a horrible experience at the "Sunset Beach Resort" we decided to choose a hotel on Rte 13 on the other side of the bay bridge and tunnel for the lay over on the way home. We stopped at a starbucks for coffee and behind the building was the Wingate. We checked it out and the new building seemed like just what the doctor ordered. We booked a room for the trip home. When we checked in we were greeted by a very freindly staff. Check in was quick and courteous. We reserved a suite and it was spacious and comfortable. Everything was clean and new and had a pleasent smell. We even had a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. Only staying the one night no one had the chance to try it out. The Aberdeen Barn Steakhouse Accross the street was great for dinner. We will definately be back in the future!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I spent a little over a week in this hotel during the past month. My experience was quite different than a couple of the other reviews here.

Overall, I had a really nice stay. The room and the hotel were clean. Rooms were large with plenty of space to move around. I was sharing the room with a fellow traveler, and we never once felt cramped or as if we were tripping over one another. Because we were there on business, space was important as well as peace and quiet in which to work. Despite several families in the hotel, we got both.

Air conditioning worked almost to well. In fact, it would freeze you out of the room. Sheets on the bed were crisp and clean. Pillows comfortable. In other words, no complaints.

The bathroom was also large, and I had no problems with a leaking shower, sink, or toilet. My friend did end up stopping up the toilet late in the evening after maintenance had left. Management immediately moved us to another room without any complaint.

My only major complaint was the incredibly slow internet connection. I'm not sure if this was because of a server issue or just to much security on the system. Horribly slow... at times to the point of frustration. Also, the business center in the lobby is convenient; however, the computer does not have a working copy of Microsoft Office, etc. on it. Only Works. In other words, your files may not load correctly. The system is also chock full of viruses. In fact, after using this machine only once, my virus scanner went nuts on my notebook. Be warned!!

Breakfast begins at 6am each morning, and there is plenty available. Not a full buffet, but enough to fill you up and save you having to stand in line at a fast food place somewhere to find something to eat. The coffee was exceptionally good.

Swimming pool and exercise room are present; however, I never used either. However, several folks did and seemed to be having a good time.

Overall, I found it a great experience. No bugs or other nasty critters that I've had in other area hotels. I felt clean when I entered or left the building. Good experience... If the internet had worked, I'd have given them a 5.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2007

After traveling from Jamestown, VA, we thought we'd get a room here, but the "key" didn't work three times in a row after much walking back and forth; then inside the room next door, the bathroom floor was sticky; the lights didn't work properly-- so we got out of there quick and went to Fairfield down the road. For a Wingate, this one is sub-par.

• Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank CMD48
Reviewed April 10, 2007

My family and I loved it. Clean,Quiet and convenient. Friendly and attentive staff. Wonderful breakfast . Pool spa and gym were in great shape..Would recomend to my family..Thanks

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Rustybike
Reviewed September 24, 2006

For a newly built hotel, the treatment is awful. From poor housekeeping to indifferent and unconcerned management. How could a new hotel be so dirty inside? They have new rooms but try to use the same dirty ones over and over for people. I complained about my room not being serviced properly and the manager took it personally and treated me horribly. I called corporate office and they could not care less. Even the office of the president was completely indifferent and unconcerned. They did nothing to intervene whatsoever. At Wingate, customers can be treated with all foulness and neither corporate office nor the president's office will do anything except givve you a complaint number and tell you that the hotels are privately owned. I did not know prior to staying at Wingate that it is part of Chioce Hotels, Days Inn, etc. Well, that expains it. Chioce hotels are the worst of the worst. They are dirty, smelly, and, as a rule, have terrible management. Why should management be any better, when there is no standard at the corporate level?

7  Thank bvsedting