“Great hotel, with a wonderful staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
connecticutreviewer
“Great hotel, with a wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I called the Hilton Honors phone line on our trip down to Emerald Isle, when I was getting tired, and my family was ready to call it a day. The hotel was only given about fifteen minutes notice, but the front desk staff was ready, with a crib in the room, which was very close to an entrance, so as to not wake up one of my sleeping children. The rooms were nicely appointed, and felt very clean, safe, with many of the comforts of home. In the morning, the breakfast staff was very pleasant, and outgoing, making sure the breakfast area was refilled at all times. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area, or visiting the Virginia Beach area for vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your visit. We can certainly understand how stressful traveling can be which is why I am so pleased to see that our front desk team was able to meet all of your needs, including a crib and easy access for you and your small children. In addition to that, because we rely on "word of mouth" your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chesapeake, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The two bedroom suite was nice and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. The guy at the front desk was not helpful to the other half of my party when they arrived at 2 AM. The front elevator was broken and the walk to the second was inconveinent for some, but was right by my room, so I would have had to make the long walk anyways.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your visit. We are so glad that the rooms were comfortable and spacious to your liking. While we take the security of our guests very seriously during the early morning hours, we do apologize if our policies regarding safety and security in any way inconvenienced you during your stay. Though I am pleased that our Guest Service team was able to assign you as close to our back elevator as possible to alleviate as much frustration as possible, we do apologize that the routine maintenance of the elevator lead to our front unit being temporarily down. Our team is so pleased that your overall rating for our property was positive and we look forward to an opportunity to wow you in the future.
Cypress, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very comfortable and clean. Enjoyed having both breakfast and dinner available in the hotel. Great staff, I forgot my wedding band in the room. They contacted me and arranged for it's return. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time of inform us of your stay. We strive to provide customer service that goes above and beyond our guests' expectations. We really do make every effort to follow up on all of our guests' needs including when they leave valuables behind.
It warms my heart to know that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Frankfort, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We came here to visit our Daughter who lives a few miles away but not enough room at her place. It worked out perfect. We were able to use the living space to visit and the kids loved swimming in the pool. Enjoyed the stay here. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Very Clean, Great Staff. Will definitely stay here next time we come to Chesapeake. The area is also very nice and lots of great shopping and dinning choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
It is wonderful you were able to visit with your family this summer and I am happy to read that you and your grandchildren were able to enjoy some of our amenities, like the outdoor pool, and the suite was large enough to entertain your family! Thank you for reviewing our property and offering us some kind words about your stay. Our team works very hard to make sure we meet all guest expectations of friendliness, cleanliness, quality and value and it is wonderful that we were able to offer all of those to you during your stay. There is certainly quite a bit to do in Chesapeake and many properties to choose from when staying so we are very honored that you would choose to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The room was spacious comfortable and clean. The bed had separate comfort controls. I enjoyed the privacy. The bathroom was awesome, it had a whirlpool tub and separate shower stall. The coffee was also very good that was provided in the room.The staff was also polite, professional & courteous.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your positive stay. We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit while in Chesapeake, VA. We hope you return soon.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed on a Friday night for one night, I had an expired credit card on file and the manager called to ask for a new one, to ensure I did not lose my reservation. Most hotels would have cancelled the room and not cared. My check in was amazing! The lady at the front desk (I think her nametag said she was from SC, late twenties) was so friendly and would be an asset at any hotel! The room was ready for early check in, and just what I booked. Breakfast on Saturday morning was well stocked and the gentleman working was very friendly. I was traveling with kids and he even came to the table and asked if they had everything they needed. We were a few minutes late checking out and the housekeeper on the floor was very kind as to skip over our room to give us a couple extra minutes. Also the night houseman was very friendly and quick to bring a crib and extra towels!

Great Service... Stocked Hot Breakfast .... and a great price! I will defiantly be back!

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms so just be careful what you book! I almost made that mistake! The good th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer your positive experience at your most recent visit with us. Our team truly values any and all guest feedback and I enjoyed sharing your kudos with each of the team members you encountered during your stay! Additionally, I am ecstatic that your stay was so very positive from the moment you checked in to the very moment that you departed us. Our team really does strive to make sure each guest has such a positively hospitable experience for their entire stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in Chesapeake and we very much look forward to having you stay with us again!
Mechanicsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Homewood Staff makes me feel at home from the time I arrive until the time I depart. They know me by name, and when I am away from home for weeks at a time, they treat me like family. The rooms are nice and the oversize beds are wonderful. All of my needs and wants are satisfied.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I shared your review and comments with our team and we were all extremely delighted that you feel so at home at our property! As an extended stay hotel it is imperative that our guests feel welcome, warm, comfortable and at home when they are aware from their own home for such long stretches. I am so proud that my team has obviously gone above and beyond to make you feel all of those things! Thank you for your thoughtful words on our team, our complimentary amenities and our spacious beds and suites. We know you have many choices in Chesapeake and we thank you for continuing to choose our property when you visit.