“Great Place to Stay!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We came here to visit our Daughter who lives a few miles away but not enough room at her place. It worked out perfect. We were able to use the living space to visit and the kids loved swimming in the pool. Enjoyed the stay here. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Very Clean, Great Staff. Will definitely stay here next time we come to Chesapeake. The area is also very nice and lots of great shopping and dinning choices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

It is wonderful you were able to visit with your family this summer and I am happy to read that you and your grandchildren were able to enjoy some of our amenities, like the outdoor pool, and the suite was large enough to entertain your family! Thank you for reviewing our property and offering us some kind words about your stay. Our team works very hard to make sure we meet all guest expectations of friendliness, cleanliness, quality and value and it is wonderful that we were able to offer all of those to you during your stay. There is certainly quite a bit to do in Chesapeake and many properties to choose from when staying so we are very honored that you would choose to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The room was spacious comfortable and clean. The bed had separate comfort controls. I enjoyed the privacy. The bathroom was awesome, it had a whirlpool tub and separate shower stall. The coffee was also very good that was provided in the room.The staff was also polite, professional & courteous.

• Stayed: February 2013
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your positive stay. We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit while in Chesapeake, VA. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed on a Friday night for one night, I had an expired credit card on file and the manager called to ask for a new one, to ensure I did not lose my reservation. Most hotels would have cancelled the room and not cared. My check in was amazing! The lady at the front desk (I think her nametag said she was from SC, late twenties) was so friendly and would be an asset at any hotel! The room was ready for early check in, and just what I booked. Breakfast on Saturday morning was well stocked and the gentleman working was very friendly. I was traveling with kids and he even came to the table and asked if they had everything they needed. We were a few minutes late checking out and the housekeeper on the floor was very kind as to skip over our room to give us a couple extra minutes. Also the night houseman was very friendly and quick to bring a crib and extra towels!

Great Service... Stocked Hot Breakfast .... and a great price! I will defiantly be back!

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms so just be careful what you book! I almost made that mistake! The good th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to offer your positive experience at your most recent visit with us. Our team truly values any and all guest feedback and I enjoyed sharing your kudos with each of the team members you encountered during your stay! Additionally, I am ecstatic that your stay was so very positive from the moment you checked in to the very moment that you departed us. Our team really does strive to make sure each guest has such a positively hospitable experience for their entire stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in Chesapeake and we very much look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Homewood Staff makes me feel at home from the time I arrive until the time I depart. They know me by name, and when I am away from home for weeks at a time, they treat me like family. The rooms are nice and the oversize beds are wonderful. All of my needs and wants are satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I shared your review and comments with our team and we were all extremely delighted that you feel so at home at our property! As an extended stay hotel it is imperative that our guests feel welcome, warm, comfortable and at home when they are aware from their own home for such long stretches. I am so proud that my team has obviously gone above and beyond to make you feel all of those things! Thank you for your thoughtful words on our team, our complimentary amenities and our spacious beds and suites. We know you have many choices in Chesapeake and we thank you for continuing to choose our property when you visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our stay was very nice. The only problem that occurred for us was that we booked a smoking room and was told it was smoking at check in. When we got to the room, noticing there was no ash tray, I called down and spoke to the desk clerk who once again said it was smoking, but when I asked about the missing ash tray, she said "hang on, no it's not. We're transitioning into a non smoking hotel and don't have any." Our room obviously was a smoking room due to evidence left of burn marks on the chair and floor, and we had another guest, right down the hall tell us they were in a smoking room and could smoke in their's...but this was only a minor problem and we just had to make other arrangements. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very nice. Would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

It was wonderful to see such positive comments about our staff and our complimentary breakfast. It is so important to provide accommodations so that our guests are comfortable and truly believe that they recieved a value for their money. We do apologize for any miscommunication concerning the smoking preference on your room though I am pleased to see that your overall stay was extremely pleasant. Our team looks forward to again providing a comfortable and hospitable stay for you when you return to Chesapeake.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stay at Hilton Hotels when traveling but this was our first visit to Homewood Suites. Overall, it was a very nice place to stay. I would certainly recommend it to others in the market for suite style accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

As a traveler who frequently chooses to stay at the Hilton family of hotels, we are beyond thrilled that you chose our Homewood Suites to be your first! Even more rewarding is to see that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to share with our Team your comments and positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you home the next time you visit our property.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff has done very well to make our stay here comfortable. Issues with the washing machine and A/C units are a challenge for a staff limited in number, so that is a consideration. Nonetheless, they accommodated us in our stay here and went the extra mile to take care of us. We have been regulars here for 3 years now and the staff continue to be hospitable and helpful and remember our names! We're looking forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We appreciate you taking the time to share such wonderful comments about our Team. We are incredibly thankful that you have chosen to stay with us for the last 3 years and I am so pleased that one of the main reasons you choose our property is due to the level of hospitality that you have recieved. Certainly we are a small staff but it is very true that we go out of our way as much as possible to make our guest's stays as comfortable as possible. After all, this is supposed to be your home away from home! Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.