Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier
Hyatt.com
$177
$145
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerfull size refrigeratorbusiness stayjoe's crab shackmovie theatervirginia beachhome away from homestores and restaurantsfront desk staffchesapeake greenbrierthe general manageroatmealking suitebreakfast staffexcellent staychecking instaff was very friendly
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently stayed here on our way down to OBX for a one night stay. After 9 hours of driving, the friendly reception we received upon check-in was appreciated. Due to the size of our family, we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. The room was clean and spacious. Plenty of room for 4 little kids to blow off some steam after so long in the car. After settling in we decided to explore the area a bit in search of a place for dinner. We didn't need to go far, as right across the street was a Joe's Crab Shack - but that wasn't the only option. There are plenty of stores and restaurants in very close proximity to the hotel - even a movie theater. The inclusive breakfast was very good and the hotel was clean and comfortable. Needless to say, I think we've found our place to stay on our way to OBX from up North.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LeftyWilbury
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you have chosen us for your stop over hotel on your way to OBX! It makes us very proud that you are comfortable in your two bedroom suite and the hot full breakfast. We can't wait to see you next summer and hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was a great overnight stay on our way to the outer banks NC. The hotel was clean. Breakfast was good and there was plenty was plenty for everyone to eat. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had the King suite with the little kitchenette. Would be very comfortable for a longer stay. All in all very good and comparable to other hotels EXCEPT the girl at the front desk was A+++ on her customer service. She alone sets this hotel apart. When I called to make the reservation she was very nice and helpful. She called our room soon after we arrived to make sure everything was ok and to see if we needed anything. I hope this particular hotel appreciated what a great employee they have. I,of course, forgot her name. We checked in on 7/27 at 3:30pm. Thank you!!

Room Tip: King room with kitchette would be great for long trips with kids. Full fridge with freezer. Pots, pans, dishes etc. Supermarket close by, you could easily eat in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We want to say "Thank You" for your feedback on our hotel. It is great to read your comments and I have shared them with the staff. Your comments have motivated us to exceed expectations everyday. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I recently stayed here during amiddle of the week trip to family and friends in the area. There were several things going on in the Hampton Roads area and this was one of the few hotels that had availability. I arrived after midnight, and will tell you the hotel was secure. The front desk personnel let me in and I checked in no problem. The lobby was clean and inviting. Very nice. Once I got to my king suite room, it was nice, but smaller than I envisioned or can compare with other king suites of other competitors. The room was clean, the kitchen was well stocked with paper towels, dishwashing liquid etc. One thing that I noticed was the stains on the ottoman and sitting chair. I think that turned me off a bit. While I don't doubt the chair was clean, since the ottoman was light colored, the stains definitely showed.

All in all, it was a nice and pleasant stay there. The staff was SUPER friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your stay. We pride ourselves on providing great customer service, clean rooms and hot breakfast. We hope in the future when staying in chesapeake you think of us. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We chose this hotel to have a business meeting with our Virginia associates (and also sleep there since we are from Wilmington, NC) based on other reviews. We were not disappointed. Not only were the rooms nice, huge and very clean, so was the rest of the building and grounds. The boardroom itself fit our needs. We had our meeting catered each day and the food was great and arrived on time. The staff here though is what stands out the most. Nona, the catering manager, was great! But there were two gentlemen that went out of their way to help us and make sure all of our needs were met. Their names were DC and Henry (I believe.) I have NEVER felt so important or taken care of in any situation. Top Notch associates that need complimenting. I honestly cannot say enough about those two gentlemen! I was blown away by them! WONDERFUL all around. We have decided that this is now our new hotel for anytime we are in Virginia. Also, it's right near many restaurants and shops. But you really don't need to go anywhere for food. Breakfast and the dinner are great and plus the kitchen fully stocked was nice to have.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your kindness. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service. We hope you come back soon to visit us soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've been travelling to Norfolk, VA on business for about 9 months since Aug 2011 and was referred to Homewood Suites by an office colleague. Simply put this hotel is a "Place for Everyone" whether you are on business, leisure, single or a family with little kids. Just as several other folks have noted in their reviews, the hotel staff is exceptional, they simply go out of their way to take care of you and your needs. Nothing like going back to your hotel and having a hot meal ready for dinner and those delicious choc-chip cookies (especially if you are out here in VA Beach with kids). Breakfast is excellent. I've seen the staff do back to back shifts but still smiling.
Rooms are very very comfortable. Never had a single issue of any sort in 9 months (2 nights a week). Internet runs at blazing speeds allowing me to work late nights with ease.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank W A
Swoods6, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

I know you had a choice when staying in Chesapeake and I thank you for your continued support and business. Your review of our hotel is extremely kind and thoughtful. I know your job has taken you elsewhere for now but know that we hope you come back soon to visit and stay with us as you are definitely missed. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations. Thank you for spending your home away from home with us!