We stayed here for two nights on our way to the Outer Banks (July 7-8) and had a wonderful stay. We had actually never stayed at a Homewood Suites until the prior night when we stayed in one in Richmond, VA.(we normally stay at Embassy Suites) We actually had reservations for a Hampton Inn for these two nights but changed it to the Homewood Suites because we liked the one in Richmond so much. Upon arrival, we were met at the registration desk by a very friendly and pleasant young lady. We actually arrived early, but our room was ready and we got right in. The room was great with a seperate sleeping area which made it very nice for our infant to sleep away from the noise of the tv, etc. There was plenty of room. Although the furniture could use some updating, overall, no issues with the room. The kitchen area with stove and refridgerator were also a nice bonus. I can't say enough about the staff. Eveyrone that we came into contact with during our stay was super. One of the best things was the meal that they serve every evening Monday-Thursday. What a pleasant surprise. Again, Embassy Suites normall serves drinks and snacks, but this was a whole meal. We got back from sightseeing on Thursday and it was nice to sit down and eat a meal without having to try to find a restaurant. The breakfast area again, although not "made to order" like the Embassy Suites, was very good and got the day started off right.
If there is one negative thing I would have to say it's that the only pool they have is outside and there is no hot tub. The night we used the pool, there were pieces of mulch in the water and it didn't look very clean. Saying that however, I will admit that a storm went through not long before we used the pool and the wind and rain may have attributed to the "dirty" look. Overall, we had a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again if ever in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With easy access to the Norfolk International Airport, The Homewood Suites Chesapeake-Greenbrier is the ideal hotel in Chesapeake, VA for extended stay travel. We are close to Chesapeake attractions, such as Princess Anne Park, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex, Oceana Naval Air Station and Virginia Beach. Our hotel's all-suite accommodations feature a fully equipped kitchen, separate living and sleeping areas, complimentary internet access, a fitness center, an outdoor swimming pool and meeting facilities. Enjoy all the comforts of home in hotel living with the Homewood Suites Chesapeake-Greenbrier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Chesapeake - Greenbrier Hotel Chesapeake
- Homewood Chesapeake
- Chesapeake Homewood Suites