“Enjoyed our stay very much”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for two nights on our way to the Outer Banks (July 7-8) and had a wonderful stay. We had actually never stayed at a Homewood Suites until the prior night when we stayed in one in Richmond, VA.(we normally stay at Embassy Suites) We actually had reservations for a Hampton Inn for these two nights but changed it to the Homewood Suites because we liked the one in Richmond so much. Upon arrival, we were met at the registration desk by a very friendly and pleasant young lady. We actually arrived early, but our room was ready and we got right in. The room was great with a seperate sleeping area which made it very nice for our infant to sleep away from the noise of the tv, etc. There was plenty of room. Although the furniture could use some updating, overall, no issues with the room. The kitchen area with stove and refridgerator were also a nice bonus. I can't say enough about the staff. Eveyrone that we came into contact with during our stay was super. One of the best things was the meal that they serve every evening Monday-Thursday. What a pleasant surprise. Again, Embassy Suites normall serves drinks and snacks, but this was a whole meal. We got back from sightseeing on Thursday and it was nice to sit down and eat a meal without having to try to find a restaurant. The breakfast area again, although not "made to order" like the Embassy Suites, was very good and got the day started off right.
If there is one negative thing I would have to say it's that the only pool they have is outside and there is no hot tub. The night we used the pool, there were pieces of mulch in the water and it didn't look very clean. Saying that however, I will admit that a storm went through not long before we used the pool and the wind and rain may have attributed to the "dirty" look. Overall, we had a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again if ever in that area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights and I could not have beed more pleased. The hotel was very accessible to the many historical sites and attractions. The room was comfortable and the wireless internet worked well- zero calls to the front desk for tech help. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Breakfast was nice- always something hot and lots of variety. The huge bonus was dinner Monday- Thursday evening- that was very nice because we had been sightseeing all day. It was great not to have to eat out again. Something that I had not seen at other hotels was an outdoor basketball court near the pool. What a great idea! You check out the balls at the front desk. They also had an area near the front desk to buy snacks, etc. As a mom traveling with several children, I found the Homewood Suites Chesapeake to be just perfect!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I had to bring my family to Chesapeake for a funeral and they went above and beyond to make sure we had everything and anything we needed. It was a very difficult time for my family but it made our nights alot easier knowing that the hotel staff was there to help us. Directions, food and even a sympathy card. Thank you for your kindness it made a difference to us.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JsnMorgan
Swoods2, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake-Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and staff! Please accept our sincere condolences. We hope your future return to the Chesapeake/Greenbrier area brings you here under different circunstances. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I brought my family on a last minute vacation and stayed at the Homewood Suites. I didn't know anything about Homewood Suites and as I entered I was greeted by a warm smile and How am I able to assist you? DeAnna showed me the different room types that were available and explained all of their amenities. The phone was ringing off the hook but she took her time with me and apologized everytime she answered the phone - very professional. Since it was my first time at Homewood Suites I didn't know that after you check in they call to see if everything in your room is up to your standards. What a nice touch - shame on people who are not honest with the hotel as they call and check up on you even after you have paid for the room. I had mentioned something about the beach and how far is it and within 15 minutes a women named Lilik delivered a bunch of brochures and explained a beach shuttle that they offer so you don't have to drive to the beach. I now understand why everyone says "Make yourself at Home" because it si better than home - their staff listens, offers help and tries to exceed your expectations something I hope my children saw from thsi experience. We will be back and this next trip I will plan in advance and stay with the Homewood Suites. Also if you ask to speak with the Manager on a Sunday guess what the GM was on property and willing to talk with you she even gave us her card to call if we have any problems booking our next trip.

Room Tip: Ask about the differences in the suites so they c.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us! We are always thrilled to receive comments like yours. We know there are several choices when it comes to hotels in this area, so we appreciate you selecting Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesapeake/Greenbrier as your "home away from home"! We look forward to seeing you in the future! Thank you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I am a frequent traveler and will now stay at this hotel 3 times a month. I used to stay at a surrounding hotel but they overbooked and kicked me to the curb so I had to find another hotel for my stay luckily for me I chose the Homewood Suites. From the moment I checked in I was greeted with a smile and listened to as I explained my situation. I was given a top notch service. The front desk girl (marilyn) sent bottled water and cookies to my room for what the other hotel did to me. I couldn't believe that she took the time to make sure that I was ok I mean she didn't even know me. Slept peacefully and decided to go to breakfast (which is included) and was greeted by Lynn who is a very happy and accommodating cook. I just wanted to recognize some of the fantastic employees that work at this hotel. Can't wait to come back see you soon!

Room Tip: Talk with the front desk agents they are trained
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We apprecaite your kindness and look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I like Homewood suites a lot, so many of them are ideal for my preferences (eating in, quiet and clean).
I gave 4/5 solely because of the smell. When I entered my room (only disabled access rooms were available for my late booking) I was hit with the pungent smell of deodorizer, which was sickly sweet smelling like cheap perfume.

The bathroom had a detectable smell of urine around the toilet area. I think it just needed a good bleach/disinfecting to sort that right out.
Other than that, the hotel was great, convenient enough location by the highway and mall and unlike a lot of homewood suites, they do not accommodate pets (good!)
I only ate one evening, but the pulled pork sandwiches and lemonade that I had were surprisingly good!
I wish I'd asked what product the lemonade was.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was the first time we stayed at a Homewood Suites, and we will definitely stay at more of them, if they are like the one in Chesapeake, VA. Usually, we are traveling with our 2 young boys, but even with the two of us, it was great to have two rooms to "live" in for the weekend. Made our unfortunate trip of attending a family funeral more comfortable, and more like home. The breakfast was great, but make sure to get their early to beat the crowd. It was also nice to be close to many restaurants, shops, and even the local mall! Next time, we stay we hope it is for a better occasion!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple