“Poor customer service”

Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I arrived at 5:30pm only to be told that the hotel had sold out of my room type (although I had a reservation and confirmation number). No apology from the desk clerk. She "matter-of-factly" told (not asked) me she was sending me to the Aloft next door. When I asked if they had a 1-bedroom suite (for husband and two kids), she stated "they have 2 beds". I told her that was unacceptable and asked to speak to the manager. The manager did not come out to apologize or address my concern and sent the clerk back to tell me "we're trying to help you". She told (not asked) me that she was sending me to another Residence Inn 10-15 minutes away - still no apology for the inconvenience. I did receive a "you have a nice day, ma'am!!" as I left the hotel (obviously the desk clerk was being sarcastic). Unbelievable. I had a guest comment that I was way more friendly and calm than he would have been if this happened to him and his family.

Room Tip: Although you have a reservation and confirmation number, make sure to call the hotel beforehand to m...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rita D

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This Marriott property is located along a stretch of several other hotels on Crossways Blvd. I recommend researching prices on Expedia or similar price mapping site as they are all generally the same hotel level. The staff was friendly and the property well maintained. During your stay, request a room on the side of the building away from the HVAC roof units. If not, you will be serenaded through the evening by intermittant powering of cooling/heating equipment. If travelling with a toddler, please note that Marriott provides 'cribs' which are in fact pack and plays. The difference is akin to calling a sleeper sofa a bed. You will be keenly aware of the difference once attempting to sleep on it. I recommend confirming this before your stay so that suitable arrangements may be made if needed. Otherwise, the property was clean and well managed with a pretty good breakfast thrown in.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravD
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Convenient walking/driving access to numerous eateries, businesses, & hotels along Crossways Blvd.

Solid, mid-level RI accommodations for brief or long visits. (Not high-end RI or rundown RI.)

Standard quality RI breakfast & evening receptions. (Always hope for additional healthy options.)

Two computers & printer in comfortable seated nook. Smallish exercise room with older equipment.

Overall, pleasant location; serves purpose of comfortable place to lay one's head.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank gnomemoss
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Best hotel on Crossways Blvd! Staff is knowledgeable and always aims to please! Never disappointed! The breakfast crew works diligently to keep items fresh and full! The shuttle is a nice bonus!

Room Tip: Best hotel on Crossways Blvd! The staff is the best! Great knowledge of the area! Always smiling...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

We love, love, love hearing from our valued guests! We strive to provide the great service that keeps our customers coming back, time and time again. Thank you for your feedback and I will pass on the praise to my staff!

Regards,

Jenny Rogers

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I can not remember a more enjoyable extended stay at a hotel. From the exceptional hospitality and kindness of the front desk staff to the hard working, professional and courtious food service and cleaning service staff, you truely feel like you're in your home away from home. I can only hope that this Residence Inn is the benchmark by which all other Marriott franchises are judged. I look forward to becoming a consistant and loyal customer of Marriott due to my recent experience. Thank you for your time.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Moved my family to Florida, but needed to stay in Virginia Bch a little longer after we moved out of our home. We stayed here for a little over a week in a two bedroom suite. What a great service staff at this hotel. Not one day went by without a nice greeting and/or a request for help if we needed it it (for anything). Pool area was always clean and the front desk staff were very helpful everytime and the hospitality staff were exceptionally great!!! We had five in our family and had breakfast everyday......everything was always fresh, filled and clean...Tks to you (Linda, Corey, Shondra, Phillip and Amanda) for having a great attitude and kind words, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: For an extended stay bring a dvd player to help pass the time and if you you like to workout the exe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank swo5014
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Wow! We love to hear feedback from our valued guests! We take all of our reviews to heart and try to learn from them. Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate hearing from you!

Respectfully,

Jenny Rogers

Reviewed September 29, 2011

While the hotel is nice with a good location, the goal was to get a good nights sleep which did not happen. First, we were located in a nice room with a TOTAL view of the hotel air conditioning system. This system made weird,loud alternating noises ALL night. Then we were awakened at 5:26 am because housekeeping did not clear the previous guests alarm setting. Despite efforts to return to sleep, looks like we are in for a long day. Despite efforts to warm the room temperature, we are at a toasty 69 degrees!!!!!!! We are also serenaded every time the toilet is flushed and the tank refills..................(maintenance please).
A little effort could have gone a long way.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the heating/ac system
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WeTVL
gmriches, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear WeTVL,

Thank you for your review - we use these comments as learning tools and your input is invaluable! We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We want our guests to have an exemplary stay and we hope that you will join us again in the future.

Respectfully,